best album covers ever

Started by sphinx, March 19, 2003, 03:09:56 PM

meatwad

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Two Lane Blacktop

My favorite album cover EVER:

Jucifer, Calling All Cars On The Vegas Strip

A decent album by a (semi-)local band, but really, it doesn't do justice to that wonderful cover image.

There have been a lot of good ones in this (old) thread...  I'll submit a couple of other faves shortly.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

life_boy

I've grown quite attached to the cover to Exit Planet Dust by The Chemical Brothers.  It's just a really nice image.

I also really like this Starflyer 59 cover (Leave Here a Stranger).  Beatuiful photograph that really encapsulates a lot of the emotions on the album.

Bethie

Lots that are worthy have already been posted, but here's one I admire

Stone Temple Pilots- Shangri-La Dee Da
who likes movies anyway

almost anything released by belle & sebastian has nice cover art.

and

context, context, context.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: cronopioalmost anything released by belle & sebastian has nice cover art.

Word.  

They kind of followed on the tradition of the Smiths, except that The Smiths took their shots from real films, while Belle & Sebastian created their own.

I've often said that Belle & Sebastian are my favorite band, though the ranking shuffles a lot, and without warning.  Still, they're always near the top.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Two Lane Blacktop

One of my favorites from my younger days:  

This next one is also one of my favorite albums...  apparently it scared the crap out of some reviewers back in the day, though it isn't considered shocking in this day and age:  

This cover pre-dates Peter Greenaway by a decade or so-  I wish this image was bigger, but I have to include it because it fascinated me as a teenager...  

I still think this one captures the feeling of the music perfectly:

...as does this one, which freaked me out when I saw it as a kid- although maybe I just always had that image in my mind whenever I heard this album.  Regardless, it's a brilliant cover:

2LB
Body by Guinness

Myxo