Any Smashing Pumpkins fans out there?

Started by Teddy, May 09, 2003, 11:31:49 PM

Finn

I liked their Christmastime song a lot
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

myadopteddaughter

There was a time when all I listened to was Smashing Pumpkins, good times, good times.

My boyfriend told me that smashing means "awesome" in British and pumpkins is referring to breasts. So, is their name, in American terminology, really Awesome Boobs? It makes sense to me, but I was just wondering...
mmm, mmmm good

TheVoiceOfNick

The Pumpkins rocked!  Billy Corgan is the man... what else is there to say?  Sure, he's an egotistical asshole, but look at the music he's made over the years?  If making music like that takes being an asshole, then more power to him!  Jimmy is the greatest drummer alive... period.  James will suck with A Perfect Circle (he just doesn't fit in... he's a laid-back rocker, not a heavy metal machine!).  D'Arcy... well, what the hell happened to her?  She was just riding the Pumpkin gravy train for as long as she could... she's an aweful bassist though... I play bass myself, so I can tell when someone rocks or sucks...

Siamese Dream is one of the greatest rock albums in history!  That an Violator by Depeche Mode... ok, fine... i'm a bit biased, but its true.  I thought Machina wasn't the exit the band should have had... Machina just didn't follow anything they did before... it was like a whole new direction... and what the hell was Billy thinking during their live shows for the Machina tour?  It was like some outer space Matrix type thing... hrm... but Adore is my favorite album... sure, not as strong as SD or even Machina, but it was just such a sweet and emotional album... great album overall.

Can't wait for the "solo project" (note: arguably, every Billy Corgan band has been a solo project of sorts for him.. this one is just officially a solo project).

E-Snizz

hey teddy, what about "perfect" ? that's a great one.

freakerdude

If you are an SP fan and don't have their music video DVD, go get it now! Great extras and many commentary options. It contains 19 videos (with 2 live and An Ode To No One kicks ass!), a short film, and an untitled piece.

MC Pee Pants

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: freakerdudeIf you are an SP fan and don't have their music video DVD, go get it now! Great extras and many commentary options. It contains 19 videos (with 2 live and An Ode To No One kicks ass!), a short film, and an untitled piece.

Thanks for the plug!  Hehe... actually, if you can find it, get Viewphoria... an excellent video!