Eraserhead DVD

Started by cowboykurtis, March 09, 2003, 04:03:40 PM

NEON MERCURY

I do not know the answers to the first two questions...but assuming you live in North America and the last time I checked New Jersey is a city in North America...so you would need to purchase REGION  1  dvds unless you have a region free dvd player.                   sorry i could not answer all.

lamas

umm, New Jersey's a state buddy.

NEON MERCURY

Quoteumm, New Jersey's a state buddy.

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: i should use an atlas next time i post. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: :oops:

bonanzataz

yo, this movie is crazy. this movie will be great to watch high, considering i felt like i was really high when watching it sober. oh my, david lynch, is there anything you can't do?

you know, i always thought lynch was british before the documentary. he looks like he's british. he has that quality about him. anyway, i was surprised watching the documentary when he spoke in an annoying american accent. some of the mystery is lost... sigh...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

That's what makes him so great. He's got such a bizarre mind, but on the outside he's just this quaint guy with a Montana accent and a funny haircut. He also doesn't do drugs and doesn't like to swear. Fantastic!

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Eraserhead DVD. Prior to now, I've only seen it on a bootleg VHS with Korean subtitles. I've never watched it high, but after I first saw it and was blown away, I showed it to a bunch of friends who WERE high, and they couldn't stop laughing at how Henry's pants were hemmed too high. For the entire movie. Kinda ruined the mood, but oh well.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyHe also doesn't do drugs.

Yeah, but I think the amount of cigs and coffee he consumes are probably doing more damage than if he actually did do cocaine or heroin.

In Heaven, everything is fine.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinIn Heaven, everything is fine.

oh dear. you're very right.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

Quote from: MacGuffinIn Heaven, everything is fine.
:cecil checks bible:

too bad for me. im going to hell

Ghostboy

I finally got mine today. I love the box it comes in, and the red tissue paper inside. He knows how to make a presentation. I just finished the documentary-of-sorts. It's so wonderful, just to listen to him talk and go off on those tangents. My favorite was when he was talking about his friend who he thought must have been a space traveller in another life. It was so touching.

Has anyone ordered the shorts yet? That's next on my list. I have The Grandmother and The Alphabet on really awful bootlegs, so I can't wait to see clean versions.

phil marlowe

Quote from: GhostboyThe Alphabet
this may be one of the most disturbing lynch things i have ever seen. gave me bad dreams man.

NEON MERCURY

IS ONLINE THE ONLY WAY TO GET THIS?

bonanzataz

Quote from: NEON MERCURYIS ONLINE THE ONLY WAY TO GET THIS?

yes, ma'am, it sure is.

lamas

I was able to rent the short films compilation (still haven't found a way to see Eraserhead yet) and thought it was some of the most disturbing shit I'd ever seen.  I liked the sound in The Grandmother but I'd be more than happy to never sit through any of those shorts again.

Ghostboy

Six Men Getting Sick is my personal favorite. I wish I could somehow see it in its original installation format. I don't remember The Alphabet or The Grandmother being THAT disturbing, but I also was watching it on like 4th generation video, so it took a lot of work to figure out what I was looking at. I think I'll order the shorts compilation next paycheck.

***beady***

It's one of my fave films by Lynch, it's a sick and mad film, love it. I agree, a bit of a headf**k film to watch on drugs, lol. The girls parents are super scary, especially at dinner. But that  baby, wasn't actually soo ugly. It just represented the fact that it was the last situation he ever wanted to be in.

It's on dvd now? Is it out in the uk on dvd?