What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

modage

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobNothing except it redefines cliche.

is that an oxymoron?  can one redefine cliche?  or would that defeat the purpose?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

of all movies for that to happen mac! u would think the movie theaters out in l.a. would have their shit together.

as for ur review:
:yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-cheesy:

the movie was great. i'm very happy. and sad. happy sad.

Banky

SPOILERS

yeah but who cares if Sati has the power.  If the war is over and everyone is free than her having power wouldnt matter.

On the Second viewing i noticed the delibrate golden cross buring through Neo's body.  Pretty obvious symbolism.  

I wonder where the machines took Neos body?

How about the money shot though huh!!!!!? OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When i think back on this film right now i get sad.  the part where They go above the clouds and see the sky.  Holy shit that is Trinitys moment in time.  She  sees how beautiful the world can be and she knows she is sacraficing herself for it.  I really dont understand how i have so much emotional connection to these characters but i seriously get sad when i think of Neo and Trinitys death.  I read somwhere how Neo also had his moment when he was walking in gold.  He was in awe of it.  Man this shit deliverd for me.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankySPOILERS

yeah but who cares if Sati has the power.  If the war is over and everyone is free than her having power wouldnt matter.

I believe she has the 'choice' to rebuild The Matrix. She is a 'free' program. The black cat might be a reference to deja vu from the first "Matrix" - "It happens when they change something".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

i think the black cat is definantly a reference to the fact that the matrix changed back.

Did the oracle not say

O"What about the others"

A"What others"

O"The ones who want to get out"

Is that saying that maybe the inhabitants will be given a choice and the ones who choose to stay will live in the new "Sunrise" style Matrix?

Sleuth

sssssssspelr

Wait a second, what black cat?
I like to hug dogs

Kal

ok 12 hours after seeing it I can make a 2nd comment with a different perspective... I couldnt stop thinking about the movie all day... I decided I will wait a couple of days until I see it again

I also didnt want to write any spoilers before, as it was still very early. Here there are some spoilers... so if you dont want them STOP READING.

I was shocked by the end... the whole movie was incredible, and in one second bam... over... Trinity dead... Neo dead... how were the machines going to free the humans? I mean... it leaves it open to imagination and its good, but it was also like shocking... after years of waiting for that moment I felt so empty...

I also felt like crying in many moments... its really hard to see how many people died, so many important ones, and the goodbye between Morpheus and Neo was absolutely incredible... you can never expect that it is finally the end between them... even more when you start remembering the moment they met.

I knew before watching the movie that Trinity was going to die... dont know why... it was meant to be... Neo had to finish this alone... I knew it for sure when she saw the real sun... once she sees that she can die in peace... the fact that Neo was blind was also very hard to accept...

I cant say much about the F/X cause thats totally incredible... the final fight between Neo and Smith with that music... man it was just incredible... and the war between sentinels and Zion was great too...

Man there are just so many things happening in this movie... THE TRAINMAN... what the hell... I though Persephone would have a more active role on this one... well... I just cant believe all the wait is over... The Matrix Trilogy is over... and also a part of our lives... as fans... and I really hope we dont see Neo or any of them again, because they would fuck it up...

There are things I still need to think... if you watch the first one and this one... man its two completely different things... and I'll watch it again soon to see what else I missed or what else I didnt like but then probably I will like...

Banky

MacGuffin

*SPOILERS*

Quote from: Bankyi think the black cat is definantly a reference to the fact that the matrix changed back.

Did the oracle not say

O"What about the others"

A"What others"

O"The ones who want to get out"

Is that saying that maybe the inhabitants will be given a choice and the ones who choose to stay will live in the new "Sunrise" style Matrix?

They will be given a choice. Remember the Architect says from "Reloaded": "As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level."

Quote from: SlobhWait a second, what black cat?

When Sati wakes up on the sidewalk after the superbrawl, there is a black cat with her.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

markums2k

*Spoilers within*

I saw a 1pm showing yesterday.  So many breath-taking moments... but overall I think the whole deal ended pretty ambiguously.  How did Neo get powers in the real world?  Film's answer: I dunno.

I think I liked Reloaded more... but... this film is wayyyy better than I had hoped, but it's not what I expected.  I think it was much too literal after all the thoughts that Reloaded presented.  EDIT: As far as the 'you get what you put in' aspect, I don't think 40 minutes of robots kicking ass in Zion especially lends the viewer to examine the spirit within... know what I mean?

You have to hand it to The Brothers.  Each new Matrix film ups the ante and presents something new in the action department.  And I don't feel the new fights/action takes anything away from the older stuff, whereas the saber battle in Episode I rendered all previous saber battles null and void.

I think having Neo lose eye-sight was a pretty bold choice.  He looks really sweet with the blindfold.  And cbrad is right.  This film is very very sad, and very emotional.  I can't imagine getting up and leaving in the middle.  Those people that Mac talked about in his post... so ungrateful.  My thoughts are still jumbled, but I'm very satisfied with Revolutions.

MacGuffin

I guess Entertainment Weekly needs to get their shit straight, 'cause I don't believe I saw this:

Quote from: MacGuffinOne of the key scenes, Silver says, is "a 14-minute, $40 million battle scene that is the most complicated sequence ever put on film." The latest Entertainment Weekly has more on this sequence. The magazine says it's a 14-minute, low-altitude helicopter chase.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

in retrospect relaoded and revolutions are really just one long movie

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinI guess Entertainment Weekly needs to get their shit straight, 'cause I don't believe I saw this:

Quote from: MacGuffinOne of the key scenes, Silver says, is "a 14-minute, $40 million battle scene that is the most complicated sequence ever put on film." The latest Entertainment Weekly has more on this sequence. The magazine says it's a 14-minute, low-altitude helicopter chase.

i think they're referring to the ship chase. (which btw was badass, nice to see naiobe steppin up)

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin
and then the fucking film breaks!!! Sonofabitch!!!!!

:cry:  :evil: Of all films you see and on this one happens, that theater sucked! You should sue them!  :twisted:  
Was it a famous LA theater?

*SPOILERS*

I would rank the films in order of their release, since this film was more answers to the thought-provoking questions of "Reloaded"

I think for me it is very hard to rank the first two, I loved so much Reloaded that it might be my favorite, but the first Matrix was so amazing as well, and with Revolutions, I was kind of dissapointed of its story, part of the dialogue and the fact that Neo didn't get things faster than 'the one' should (IMO), but the good thing about it is that left me thinking a lot, and now that is been a day since I saw it, the more I think about Rev. the more I like it.
But in all honesty Reloaded blew away so much my mind that it was hard to top it. The thing that made me like it more than Revolutions is that found Reloaded more intriguing, thought provoking and that the action sequences that took place inside the Matrix were flawless, guess I expected to see more of those scenes in Revolutions.

*SPOILERS*
(although I do have some theories about the little girl, Sati. I think she is the next "One" or even more powerful, since she started off having no 'purpose'. I think the ending gave her one - all the powers of The Matrix, I believe.).

But shouldn't be the next 'One' human? She's a program that lives inside the 'new' matrix, I think she could be the next oracle that is going to meet the next 'One', and that's why the oracle says she might meet again Neo (the next Neo).

*SPOILERS*

But I enjoyed the jaw-dropping attack on Zion, the Hell Club fight and the Neo/Smith showdown (although I was tipped off of how it would end because Smith made a huge point that The Oracle wasn't resisting). But it was the best way to balance themselves since they were opposites - Neo leapt into Smith in "The Matrix" ("Something inprinted onto me..."), and Smith into Neo for this one. I'm sure I'll think of more theroies and thoughts as more discussion comes about and as I see it again, but I was very happy and completely satisfied with a great film trilogy.

Interesting, how did the machines gain control again of the Matrix? I know that as soon as Smith inprinted himself on Neo and since he was plugged the machines took over the matrix, but why couldn't they do that with the other humans Smith inprinted on? I guess that with Neo being the one and since he's plugged, machines somehow could exterminate the virus (Smith). Or maybe I'm just rambling here, let's see what others think of this.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Bankyin retrospect relaoded and revolutions are really just one long movie

My main problem with the films right here ^

SPOILERS ***SWIPE IF YOU LIKE, but if you haven't seen it, what the fuck are you doing here?***

It's more like a movie and a half that they added shit to to fill it up.  
The beginning of a Matrix movie is supposed to blow you away, not piss you off.  I was just sitting there for the longest fucking time, waiting for something new to be revealed or a decent fight to break out.  The dudes on the ceiling was cool, but not cool enough.  It was just very dull until the second half...
Then the second half was amazing... The battle, the chase, the Neo/Smith fight (THAT FUCKING FIST PRINT!  I SHIT MY PANTS!)
Then we get to the end, which was okay.  I was like "okay, it's over, but I wasn't impressed by anything about the end... it was almost a cop out and after I left the movie, I felt like half the shit that was introduced in the second movie was really pointless because they could have reached this ending either way.
The films definately get worse as they go... I mean 1 is better than 2 is better than 3, but I still enjoyed it.  If I buy it... it will probably just be to complete the collection and I probably won't watch it unless I just got done with the second.