X2

Started by underdog, May 06, 2003, 02:47:47 AM

underdog

ya, i saw this movie on sunday ,it was good, the part i like is when they gave nightcrawler a very good part. but i did not like how they kill offf lady deathstrike.. like in the comic she had a big point in wolvernie life (she was wolvernie's X girlfriend in the comic and Tv show) and in x3 it going really nice to see phoenix.. but also why did they make all the x-men american? like in the comics, Pyro is british, storm is  african and Rogue has a southern  american voice..all american ..expert  nightcrawler.. anyway it a good movie, i like to be a extra in  x3, if it going to be film in BC like x2.... peace

BTW: the girl who play "shadow cat" (the girl who "ghost" into her bed) ya, i know her,
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

Duck Sauce

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1333

Im not the best at it, but Im learning

cowboykurtis

the first 10 mintues with nightcrawler were the best in the film. the rest couldn't even touch that shit.
...your excuses are your own...

Recce

The Nightcrawler scene was amazing. This film made me notice something recuring in Bryan Singer's films. He's not much for pauses, awkward or otherwise. It's nothing terrible, but I just felt that there wasn't enough time between lines and scenes sometimes. Some of the development is a bit too fast. At first I thought it was cause Prof. X is a telepath and he just answers quickly cause he knows what people are going to say before they say it, but I checked out X-Men 1 and The Usual Suspects and its the same thing. Guess its Singer's style. I very much enjoyed the film, though.
***SEMI-SPOILER***
And I'm happy they left it way open for a trilogy. X3!!!
***END OF SEMI-SPOILER***
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

underdog

if x3 ever come out,  i hope the movie will show sentinels or the Juggernaut,
man, out of all the  character, sentinels are one of my
fav
peace
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

Recce

That would be cool, but hard to show. It'd be easy for them to look geeky. But I doubt that, since the sentinels were supposed to be built by Gyrich and Trask, and now they're both dead.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men

MacGuffin

Quote from: RecceThat would be cool, but hard to show. It'd be easy for them to look geeky. But I doubt that, since the sentinels were supposed to be built by Gyrich and Trask, and now they're both dead.

From Dark Horizons:

Mystique's big hacking scene into Deathstrike's computer has a whole bunch of other character references it seems to not only the X-Men but other Marvel franchises. Yesterday we went through the list of names she pulled up on the screen during the movie whilst trying to find Magneto's location. Keen observer 'Will' managed to find more references though on the other screen where she brings up the 'Cerebro' file - "Listed there are files for Project: Wideawake which is the Sentinel Program, a file on Omega Red - the Soviet's answer to Weapon X/Wolverine, the Muir Island mutant research facillity home of Proteus and his mother Moira, and lastly there is a file on Franklin Richards the son of Reed and Sue Richards of "The Fantastic Four" (which is also set up at Fox) who is acknowleged as one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe". Well, there's something to freeze frame when the DVD release hits.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Recce

I also noticed Remy Lebeau in that list (Gambit). Maybe he'll be in X3 if there is one.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: RecceI also noticed Remy Lebeau in that list (Gambit). Maybe he'll be in X3 if there is one.

gambit and juggernaut better be in the next one -- they are the shit

cowboykurtis

Quote from: RecceThis film made me notice something recuring in Bryan Singer's films. **

speaking of singer's earlier work -- hsas any one seen his first feature? i've been trying to get a hold of it, but can't find it anywhere...if anyone has seen it, let me know if it's worth a purchase.

RegularKarate

Quote from: cowboykurtisspeaking of singer's earlier work -- hsas any one seen his first feature? i've been trying to get a hold of it, but can't find it anywhere...if anyone has seen it, let me know if it's worth a purchase.

Public Access?  Yeah... it's really shitty.  I mean, it's pretty fucking lame.  Maybe it's because he didn't have the resources or because the script was shite, but it's definatly not something I would purchase.

cowboykurtis

i'll take your word for it -- im not a fan of singer anyway, i  haven't liked  any of his other films -- i was just cruious to see the first film he made out of USC -- do you know how old he was when he directed public access?

oakmanc234

I really liked 'X2'. Dynamite sequel. Through all the ensemble cast of characters, Wolverine is still my favourite. He truly kicks ass in this one just as he did in the first (and we are treated to a lot more berserker rage, too). The newies are also great, Pyro reminded me of Sam Rockwell for some reason, Deathstrike was HOT, Nightcrawler ended up being loveable. As for the shock ending, I think it was pulled off really well-

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

-actually I wont say it, but when Logan broke down crying, the scene worked brilliantly.

You know there's gonna be an 'X3' (can you really imagine there not being one?).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Pwaybloe

I thought it was a pretty good movie too, but...

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!
...did anyone else crack up when Cyclops was talking to Jean Grey via Professor X for the last time?  That kind of ruined the dramatic "ending."

oakmanc234

Yeah, that scene was a bit too joke-worthy, but after the 'goodbyes' it was fine (because seeing tough-nut Logan break down is a sight to behold)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'