Seed Of Chucky

Started by MacGuffin, May 09, 2004, 11:19:37 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: October 29th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Billy Boyd (voice of Glen), Brad Dourif (voice of Chucky), Jennifer Tilly (voice of Tiffany), Redman, Hannah Spearitt, John Waters.

Director: Don Mancini (feature debut)

Screenwriter: Don Mancini (Bride of Chucky, Child's Play, Child's Play 2, Child's Play 3).

Premise: Following the events of 'Bride of Chucky,' killer dolls Chucky and Tiffany are now faced with the challenge of raising their child, Glen (Boyd), becoming a family of killer dolls.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

see, i would expect something like this from Jennifer Tilly, but Billy Boyd...come on man.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Just Withnail

Quote from: El Duderinosee, i would expect something like this from Jennifer Tilly, but Billy Boyd...come on man.

Dude, don't diss Chucky  :cry:

El Duderino

The first one was fine, but they need to know when to stop doing sequels...it's turning into the land before time.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Raikus

Nice poster. I like the sperm/iris touch.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ghostboy

I've never seen any of the other Chucky movies, but Bride Of Chucky was a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine back when it came out (as per usual, I haven't seen it since it was in theaters). So I've got an open mind about this one, especially since John Waters is it. Go John Waters!

Tictacbk

No offense to anyone who's name is Glen....but i find that a hilarious name for a killer doll.

indiana

Quote from: El DuderinoThe first one was fine, but they need to know when to stop doing sequels...it's turning into the land before time.
hey, the land before time 2 rocks.
peace
SONIC BOOM!

Ravi

Looks funny, though I had my fill of Chucky with the one film I saw of the series.

oakmanc234

'Seed' looks pretty cool (the new trailer is crazah) but I'm still not sure whether I like this whole new campy approach to the Chucky films, the films are getting more and more like John Waters flicks as opposed to the witty horror flicks they started off to be. Oh and I love how Waters has a small role in this (watching Chucky run Britney Spears off the road "God bless the little people!")
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

MacGuffin

Britney vs. Chucky

Britney Spears would do anything for love. But, to paraphrase Meat Loaf, she won't do Chucky.

The sexually suggestive pop tart reportedly has demanded producers make it perfectly clear that she has nothing to do with the demonic doll or his new movie, Seed of Chucky.

In apparent response, TV commercials advertising the film--and featuring a Spears look-alike meeting an explosive demise--now feature the disclaimer: "Britney Spears does not appear in this movie."

Seed of Chucky, the fifth movie in the Child's Play horror/comedy saga, opens Friday.

Focus Features, the Universal spawn and parent company of Chucky employers Rogue Pictures, did not respond to questions about Spears' role, if any, in the Spears disclaimer. In a tongue-in-cheek statement, a spokesperson said the studio's intent was to declare that "no actual Britney Spears were harmed during the filming."

"We can confirm Chucky does in fact have a crush on Britney--and she has an open invitation to screen the film at anytime," the rep said.

It seems unlikely Spears will take Chucky up on his offer. The singer has been at odds with the plaything for months.

Originally, the movie featured Chucky getting some action-doll action with Bride of Chucky flame Tiffany while Spears' signature hit, "...Baby One More Time," serenaded the plastic lovers in the background. Through her lawyers, the Chicago Sun-Times said, Spears objected to the product placement, and the song was removed from the film.

In September, the New York Post reported that producers intended to poke fun at the legal hassle--and Spears herself--in trailers for Seed of Chucky.

But in a recent People, Seed of Chucky writer-director Don Mancini made it sound as though the resulting Spears disclaimer was the result of something more than fun and games.

"It was getting a little contentious between her camp and our camp," Mancini told the magazine.

Spears' publicist did not respond to a request for comment, so we may never know what the entertainer thinks of: (a) the disclaimer; (b) the scene where Chucky drives a beret-wearing blonde in a car with a "BRITNEY1" license plate over a cliff; and (c) fiery-crash-observer John Waters giving thanks for "the little people."

In a new post on her official Website, Spears avoided the topic of Chucky entirely. Instead, she noted she was back from her "breathtaking" honeymoon, taking art lessons, reading magazines and redecorating her new house.

In other news, Spears announced that her pet dog Lacy "just got fixed."

Chucky better watch out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

Well, I for one am glad this has been cleared up.
I was beginning to associate her with bad movies.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: ranemaka13Well, I for one am glad this has been cleared up.
I was beginning to associate her with bad movies.
Oh NO, don't do THAT!!!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

matt35mm

I like how Brad Dourif and Billy Boyd go from Lord of the Rings to Seed of Chucky.

I don't think anybody has mentioned the neat taglines for the movie so far: "Get a load of Chucky."  "Get ready for the second coming."  and there was an internet link that said "Lend a helping hand.  Donate now."

etc.

hedwig

Well, I saw this.

SPOILERS

funny movie. tilly is thilly and i like that. and there's some awesomely trippy dialogue from the bride of chucky about how she'd love to be played by tilly in a movie.

wWHWwhat!?

the best thing about the movie is JW. he's hilarious.

and seeing his face being melted off is heaven. what a lucky man. I wish I could have MY face melted off in  chucky movie.

hmm....

i woulda liked more John waters but it was still hilarious