PTA DVD Project?

Started by depooter, April 11, 2003, 07:18:18 PM

Alethia

i have a ton of respect for that man.  his reviews are always very fair (plus i usually agree with him), and he just seems like such a fan sometimes (read some of the stuff he wrote about, say -- minority report.)

jasper_window

What are the chances of getting The Flagpole Special on this DVD?  I'd kill to see it.  Also PTA has mentioned in interviews that he, John C., and PSH shot COPS-like videos while waiting for the whole Hard Eight/Sydney debacle to pan out.  Claims it also provided stuff for Jim Kurring character.  What are the chances of getting that on the DVD?

sphinx

Quote from: jasper_windowWhat are the chances of getting The Flagpole Special on this DVD?  I'd kill to see it.  Also PTA has mentioned in interviews that he, John C., and PSH shot COPS-like videos while waiting for the whole Hard Eight/Sydney debacle to pan out.  Claims it also provided stuff for Jim Kurring character.  What are the chances of getting that on the DVD?

flagpole special was screened maybe once or twice, but no bootlegs have been released otherwise.  the COPS-like videos are probably in a box in pta's closet somewhere, and unless you know how to open a closet, i doubt it'll be on the dvd.

jasper_window

I figured as much, just wishful thinking I guess...

Xixax

I'd volunteer for the project, except for the fact that I have to wonder about the legality of this.

I mean, does Paul really want this stuff floating around?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

depooter

Michael?!!! It's a collection of interviews, not short films. I think it's perfecty harmless..

Xixax

Quote from: depooterMichael?!!! It's a collection of interviews, not short films. I think it's perfecty harmless..

Oh, I was under the impression that we would be swapping shorts and stuff.

Sure, I'm game. I'll take it on!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

SoNowThen

Er, umm, I'd really like to see the shorts. Mostly C & C...

...please??
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Xixax

Quote from: SoNowThenEr, umm, I'd really like to see the shorts. Mostly C & C...

...please??
You might find some people on ebay that are willing to break the law and sell those shorts (hint hint). But I won't be responsible for distributing them illegally. That's just me.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: XixaxBut I won't be responsible for distributing them illegally. That's just me.

:idea:

Jon

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is a beautifully bad great film.

sphinx

tapes are in the mail, dvd production begins soon.  i've got the design all ready, if somebody has the means to print high quality labels for dvd discs that can be reverse pressed on, or has a method other than paper, please speak up now...

modage

whose butt do i have to start kissing now to get a copy of this?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Camel Lights

Sphinx -

once you've put it all together, will there be a limited run of these DVDs? Maybe you should put a sticky up, see how many people are interested..

Also, for transfer of postage fees, will you have a paypal-esque service? I'm based in Japan, but please don't discriminate!

Many thanks.

Marty McSuperfly

Quote from: themodernage02whose butt do i have to start kissing now to get a copy of this?

I don't know, but I want to be next in line after you!

How DO we get this DVD? I will pay!