Brett Ratner

Started by Spike, June 13, 2003, 04:09:31 PM

Thrindle

He did Mariah Carey's new video.   :saywhat:
Classic.

pete

god, Jackie Chan thinks Zhang Yimou is a good director!?!  I think Jackie is dead and is now being Karl Roved by a lookalike, kinda like the case with Michael Jackson.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Brett Ratner to Direct Murphy and Rock
Source: Variety July 18, 2005

Brett Ratner ("Rush Hour" films, Money Talks) is set to direct an untitled heist drama being planned as a screen vehicle for Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock. Screenwriters Adam Cooper and Bill Collage are negotiating to write the screenplay for Imagine Entertainment. Brian Grazer will produce the Universal release.

The comedy is about a couple of blue-collar guys who aspire to pull off the perfect heist. Murphy came up with the idea and expressed a desire to work with Rock, who is coming off The Longest Yard and voicing Madagascar.

Cooper and Collage will write the film while Ratner directs X-Men 3 for 20th Century Fox.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

killafilm

His 'The Directors' is currently airing on the Encore channels.  Everyone should check it out.  Brett is so rad.  He talks about coming up with creative solutions that the stars love, and Much more!!! Everyone loves Brett.  Chan loves Brett.  Nic Cage loves Brett.  Brett loves Brett...

Find Your Magali

What film should Brett Ratner fans unite with??? So many choices.....

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: modage on November 28, 2005, 09:12:08 AM
Family Man!

I fucking love that movie. A staple film next to Die Hard for holiday viewings. Seriously. OK, guilty pleasure

JG

Family Man = best Ratner movie.   :)

Pubrick

Quote from: Pubrick on September 09, 2003, 08:18:18 PM
i've seen family man many times and think it's quite good, prolly cos of Leoni and Cage.
under the paving stones.

modage

from the Christmas Movies thread...
Quote from: modage on December 02, 2003, 09:29:59 PM

THE FAMILY MAN (2000)
Thats right, Brett Ratner baby...

family man is a movie i did see in the theatre and enjoyed and have tried to watch for the past few years in december for a few reasons.  1.) i love nicolas cage and 2.) the movie is essentially a modern day its a wonderful life (my favorite movie ever), IN REVERSE.     

i think it has a lot of funny moments, and the characters are very likable and somewhat believable.  jeremy piven has some good lines as the best friend, especially when nicolas cage first enters pivens basement looking bewildered and piven mentions how he moved a chair and its freaking everybody out.  but there are some really good lines here.  and a whole lot of sentimental stuff that makes this worth watching right about now.

SPOILERS AHEAD< you shouldnt read if you havent seen it... the fundamental problem however, in doing it's a wonderful life in reverse, is by design the ending is going to be a letdown!  what if the movie had ended with jimmy stewart not existing?!  thats really kind of whats happening here, and nothing bums me out more than getting to the end of the movie and seeing nicolas cage alone and rich.  his wife not having seen him sinec he left her years ago and his 2 kids not even existing!  that bums the shit out of me!  other than that, and the fact that the film is about 15 minutes too long (with too many twists and ups and downs in teh middle section of the film), i really enjoy this movie. 

if anyone hasnt seen it and decides to watch it, let me know what you think.  anyone else like/dislike this?

w/o horse

I thought you guys might like this:

QuoteCruise - "Coldest" in Hollywood Poll
Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and his pregnant fiancee Katie Holmes have topped a magazine list of coldest and least powerful stars in Hollywood. Website FilmThreat.com placed Cruise in the number one spot of their Frigid 50: The Coldest People In Hollywood 2005, because of the media storm surrounding his relationship with Holmes and his public speeches concerning his Scientology religion. The website states, "Steven Spielberg's latest summer blockbuster (War Of The Worlds) was overshadowed by Tom's publicly flaunted love life with Katie Holmes and his Scientologist fuelled rantings and ravings that eventually led to a public war of words with Brooke Shields when he slammed the actress on Access Hollywood for her use of Paxil and psychiatric therapy to battle post-partum depression." Holmes followed close behind at number two, due to her "lackluster performance as Rachel Dawes in Batman Begins." Rush Hour director Brett Ratner is at number three, because of his fondness of referring to himself in the third person, while troubled Black Hawn Down actor Tom Sizemore makes four, following a string of legal troubles in recent years and a sex tape role. Rounding off the top five is Jennifer Lopez, who "proved she has no gift for comedy with Monster-in-Law", according to FilmThreat.com.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

modage

yeah i read that.  awesome.  who knew he was as universally reviled as he is here?   

modage knew, thats who.

Ravi

MacGuffin

Ratner To Direct 'Wolverine' Film?

Hollywood film-maker Brett Ratner is reportedly close to signing a deal to direct the X-Men spin-off Wolverine, after impressing producers with his work on upcoming second sequel X-Men: The Last Stand. The Rush Hour director is keen for Hugh Jackman to reprise his brooding superhero for the project, and Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels actor Vinnie Jones is also in contention to repeat his forthcoming Juggernaut role. Jones tells MTV, "(Brett) was saying that they'll probably use a lot of the characters. Hopefully (the Wolverine/Juggernaut rivalry) will come into it."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad