ma drawings

Started by cron, November 16, 2005, 07:13:31 PM

The Perineum Falcon

Looks good to me.

You should paint for Criterion.

For instance:

It'd fit alongside Jules et Jim and Throne of Blood, I think.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

SiliasRuby

I really still hate the C.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

actually, this is the only time it doesn't feel out of place.

i can even imagine the movie that would go along with the cover and title. slightly green just took the criterion parody schtick to a whole new level.

previous contenders.. (starting with my personal fave)

Quote from: Pwaybloe on July 27, 2005, 02:39:34 PM

Quote from: Ravi on March 30, 2006, 12:53:30 AM

Quote from: Ravi on November 19, 2006, 04:09:04 PM

props to cronopio for the inspiration.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrick on November 24, 2006, 11:55:06 AMprevious contenders.. (starting with my personal fave)

My personal fave was sphinx's Good Burger Criterion on the C&C boards that actually fooled some people.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

context, context, context.

matt35mm

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 24, 2006, 02:18:20 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on November 24, 2006, 11:55:06 AMprevious contenders.. (starting with my personal fave)

My personal fave was sphinx's Good Burger Criterion on the C&C boards that actually fooled some people.

I've never been sadder to have missed something.

i just participated in a contest to win tickets to bjork. i had to draw her with the body of a bird.  they'll let me know if i win tomorrow
:yabbse-undecided:
i tried to do it in the vein of what 's going on with her artwork now. cute and flamboyant but with a sinister capitalist vibe. i stole the body of toucan sam. and those pixels in her head make me think of 'hunter'.
that is all

Pubrick

i don't like the angle or the severed limb.

i like the transparency. and the colours are right. uh, all of them.
under the paving stones.

i woulda super done something else  but the deadline is tomorrow and i got the invitation like 2 hours ago.
thanks for the feedback , p.   i also don't dig that it's not in the center and the severed limb but i had to work with just one pic of bjork wearing some weird shit.
the concert is this saturday. daanng

cine

if crono wins i'm gonna smash him in the medulla.

so yep, i didn't win, obviously. that's the thing about kitsch shit, you hafta know how to pull it off.  :yabbse-sad: meh, you live you learn.

cool thing, tho. they sent us the list of finalists and the third place is this awesome girl i know from elementary school.