ma drawings

Started by cron, November 16, 2005, 07:13:31 PM

here is some of the stuff i did this afternoon:

some of jerusalem:

good old shapes:

this is a sculpture by my favorite sculptor sebastian called villa ahumada (you gotta rotate it to the left, though. sorry)

this is from two weeks ago i had this mister posing:
context, context, context.

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio on November 16, 2005, 07:13:31 PM

Did you know before that you're obsessed with penises, or is this new information to you? 

:o
My house, my rules, my coffee

a girl told me the same thing  :shock:

polkablues

Maybe it just means Jerusalem is obsessed with penises.

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on November 16, 2005, 09:00:29 PM
don't be silly, all those buildings have roofs don't they?
under the paving stones.

Pozer

Well y'know ma name is Simon, and I like to do me drawrings   :violin:   :rofl:

Sing it if you know it!  Any of yous peeps used to watch Romper Room?

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on November 16, 2005, 09:15:36 PM
Quote from: polkablues on November 16, 2005, 09:00:29 PM
don't be silly, all those buildings have roofs don't they?

Maybe these guys got to them.

some older drawings

the hitchcock:

jerusalem sans the cocks:

a pear:

museu oscar niemeyer in curitiba brasil:

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkablues on November 16, 2005, 08:40:26 PM
Did you know before that you're obsessed with penises, or is this new information to you? 

Quote from: cronopio on December 07, 2005, 09:00:55 AM
the hitchcock:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

eloquentpilgrim

I really like your drawing style, cron.

charcoal is a hard medium to be in control of.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

All possible penis jokes aside, I really like your Hitchcock drawing.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

thanks a lot eloquentpilgrim and walrus. i like charcoal ever since i first used it. i'd say the trick in using it is to dissociate its use from a pencil's. last week i tried to do some self-portraits but i ended up looking like a bum and a wizard. i hope i do some decent stuff in the summer.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The approach with using charcoal is also very different than using a pencil, even though there are the charcoal pencils and it makes you want to hold it accordingly, you must keep your hand from touching the paper and... yeah, I understand, though.  I haven't fucked around with charcoal in some time, but looking at your art has inspired me to do so.  Your work is motivational.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

eloquentpilgrim

Quote from: cronopio on April 24, 2006, 06:50:54 PM
last week i tried to do some self-portraits but i ended up looking like a bum and a wizard.

bums and wizards are great.

this semester i had a great teacher who tought us how to use watercolours. although this is not how you use watercolours,  i did this on sunday