split 'n' qwadroopel

Started by picolas, September 15, 2003, 12:29:36 PM

picolas

does anybody here know how to make split and quadruple screen in Final Cut 3 or Premiere?

that would be nice.

Ghostboy

It's easy. Just drag all the clips you want to use into the timeline, one on top of the other. Then position and/or scale each one individually to the proportion you want. For example, for a quadruple split screen, you'd scale each clip down to 25% and the position one in each corner of the screen. For a split screen, no scaling is necessary -- you'd just arrange the clips to overlap as you see fit, or move each one 50% outside of the viewing area.

Hope this makes sense...and if anyone knows if there's an actual tool that can do it more efficiently, I want to know about!

EDIT: after reading Redlum's post below, I should mention that my method is for Final Cut Pro. Although I think we're both almost describing the same thing.

Redlum

In premiere I'd just edit the motion of a clip (effect controls) on video track one so that it starts and ends half way off the screen. And then on video track 2, do the same, except the opposite side. This chops the image in half of course, so you might need to do some panning and scanning to make sure everything you need is visible.

Just use the same process but add another two video tracks.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

picolas