The Aviator

Started by MacGuffin, January 20, 2003, 01:29:35 PM

SoNowThen

Oh yeah, cos Best Picture material means sooooooo much...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: themodernage02haha, did he ever consider that since it managed to rack up 7 nominations, that everyone did get to see it, they just didnt think it was Best Picture material?

We're talking about Weinstein here...
Si

Stefen

I was at the dentists and they had the new ew there and there was a picture of Jude law as Eroll Flynn and he looks awesome! Stache and all.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: StefenI was at the dentists and they had the new ew there and there was a picture of Jude law as Eroll Flynn and he looks awesome! Stache and all.
Already posted: http://www.angelfire.com/film/aviator2004/images/aviator7.jpg

Stefen

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: StefenI was at the dentists and they had the new ew there and there was a picture of Jude law as Eroll Flynn and he looks awesome! Stache and all.
Already posted: http://www.angelfire.com/film/aviator2004/images/aviator7.jpg

Yeah, it wasn't that one. It was one of Leo, Blanchett, and Law all sitting at a table talking. That picture is great though cinephile.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

thedog

ya too nice Stefan, we need to tuffen ya up a bit.

Stefen

Quote from: thedogya too nice Stefan, we need to tuffen ya up a bit.

be quiet you!    :wink:

SiliasRuby

I'm really looking forward to this
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

El Duderino

Production Stills:

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

holy lord!

DiCaprio looks like an ADULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Duderino

i keep seeing him as Arnie though...
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

The Silver Bullet

He looks like a none-to-subtle high-gloss variation of Ray Liotta's Henry Hill. Which reminds me: is The Aviator going to be Scorsese's GoodFellas-styled exploration of the Hollywood Golden-era?

I sure hope so. The material lends itself to that sort of treatment.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Arnzilla

Quote from: The Silver BulletHe looks like a none-to-subtle high-gloss variation of Ray Liotta's Henry Hill.
I was waiting for someone to make the connection...

The Silver Bullet

Scorsese is looking old.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

ShanghaiOrange

Your mother is looking old.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2