INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

im going to light this topic up again and freak everybody out who thinks it might be actual news since you guys do that to me all the time.

i rewatched boogie nights last night with my girlfriend, and recently finished the pynchon book and all i could think of is that IV is going to be very very similar to BN.

Reel

Quote from: 03 on July 26, 2014, 04:28:33 PM
im going to light this topic up again and freak everybody out who thinks it might be actual news since you guys do that to me all the time.

I'll follow suit.

The shot that consistently pops into my brain when imagining what the aesthetic of this film could be as it relates Paul's prior work is this one:

I haven't finished the book yet, but I got a free copy of 'Against The Day' helping my friend move his stuff the other day. I'll never read it, you have to pick your battles with these guys.

idk

Paul posted the IV teaser on his vine account but the studio found out and made him delete it. So now you have to text him and he will snapchat it to you.

BTW the studio changed his youtube password so thats why he cant use his Al Rose channel anymore

Reel

dude can't catch a break

polkablues

Karma has been adjusted accordingly.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Cloudy

Just remember this is Pynchon at work for this one, like that Pubrick post from a while back. It'll be some time before anything comes out. (I hope....)

Dr_Chile

Inherent Vice is officially 148 minutes according to the NYFF website.

Centerpiece – World Premiere           
Inherent Vice
Paul Thomas Anderson, USA, 2014, 148m
Paul Thomas Anderson's wild and entrancing new movie, the very first adaptation of a Thomas Pynchon novel, is a cinematic time machine, placing the viewer deep within the world of the paranoid, hazy L.A. dope culture of the early '70s. It's not just the look (which is ineffably right, from the mutton chops and the peasant dresses to the battered screen doors and the neon glow), it's the feel, the rhythm of hanging out, of talking yourself into a state of shivering ecstasy or fear or something in between. Joaquin Phoenix goes all the way for Anderson (just as he did in The Master) playing Doc Sportello, the private investigator searching for his ex-girlfriend Shasta (Katherine Waterston, a revelation), menaced at every turn by Josh Brolin as the telegenic police detective "Bigfoot" Bjornsen. Among the other members of Anderson's mind-boggling cast are Reese Witherspoon, Benicio Del Toro, Martin Short, Owen Wilson, and Jena Malone. A trip, and a great American film by a great American filmmaker. A Warner Bros. Picturesrelease.

Dr_Chile

This appears to be the first photo from Inherent Vice!

Pozer

^ been a minute since we've had a relevant update this good.

polkablues

Holy shit, an actual thing!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

Joaquin's head looks photoshopped.

this must be polka's work.

max from fearless

His head looks slightly shrunken as if the guy from Beetlejuice sprinkled some head shrinking dust on it.

Punch

"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

Korova

A question to the book readers: Is Inherent Vice a musical in the way like Gravity's Rainbow is? Would be nice to have an Anderson musical.