The Dark Knight Rises

Started by MacGuffin, August 07, 2008, 12:16:56 AM

Pubrick

Ha she fucked it up good. This will just reinforce Nolan's well established habit to never give a female character any major active role. This time even her stunt double is miscast.

Also..

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 09, 2011, 05:46:11 PM
"What I am happy to say is, if you didn't like the photo, you only see about a 10th of what that suit can do," she said.

I don't think that's why no one liked the photo. The problem is her, she just looks dumb on that bike. I don't care what the suit can do.. what am I, a tiny child? Does she think she's in one of the Schumacher films?
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Marquee:

What can the suit do?

Alexandro

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

Paparazzi shot of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman:

More here.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

Quote from: Sleepless on September 26, 2011, 11:41:03 AM
Paparazzi shot of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman:

More here.

As someone in the comments noted, it looks exactly like the released press photo except with the visor being work on her head to make it look like she has ears.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

hmmmmm, she's floating.

is it necessary to post this in both threads?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Quote from: squints on September 26, 2011, 02:59:01 PM
hmmmmm, she's floating.

is it necessary to post this in both threads?

He didn't post it in both threads. I just quoted it in the dark knight rises thread since it was more about that movie than this one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

Yeah, my bad. I don't know how I picked the wrong thread. Sorry.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

squints

oooooooooh. herp derp.

still doesn't change the fact that she's floating.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

'The Dark Knight Rises' 6 Minute Preview Confirmed, But Only On 70mm Capable IMAX Screens
Not In Those Tiny, Digital IMAX Theaters
Source: Playlist

Last week word spread like wildfire around the interwebs that a lengthy, six-minute prologue from "The Dark Knight Rises" would be unspooled in front of screenings for "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol." While the news seemed legit, we had our doubts and wondered why Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. were putting a massive teaser for easily the biggest film of next summer in front of a rival studio's film. But it turns out there is a big caveat for those who want to see it which may mean buying your tickets well in advance and scouring to find out which theater in particular near you will even be capable of showing it.

AMC Theaters has confirmed that yes, that six-minute "The Dark Knight Rises" teaser is confirmed, however, it will only be shown on 70mm IMAX screens. So what does that mean? You know those much tinier, digital fake IMAX screens Aziz Ansari was bitching about before which are kind of a total ripoff? Yeah, it will not be shown in those. Only on IMAX screens with 70mm projectors aka those constructed under the "Classic Design," because as you know, Christopher Nolan has not gone down that digital road.

Essentially, this preview is going to take some work to see as the list of 70mm capable screens is not very long. Here's an unofficial list of theaters/screens that can handle the format, but again, not all of these are IMAX and this is not a comprehensive guide.

So do your research folks and buy your tickets early if you want to see this thing. "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" begins its limited IMAX-only run on December 16th before going wide on December 21st.

http://www.redballoon.net/current70mmus.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Wow, don't go by that list.  I know that Austin at least is WAY off.  None of the theaters listed there are IMAX and the IMAX we DO have (which is capable of 70MM) is no listed.
Seriously, Playlist, this should be MUCH easier to research.

matt35mm

For the Austin stuff, it does say "now closed" for each of those except for the Paramount, which does have a 70mm projector but won't be playing Mission: Impossible.

But you know for sure that Bob Bullock IMAX projects in 70mm? I was wondering about that.

RegularKarate

Quote from: matt35mm on October 25, 2011, 11:54:02 AM
For the Austin stuff, it does say "now closed" for each of those except for the Paramount, which does have a 70mm projector but won't be playing Mission: Impossible.

But you know for sure that Bob Bullock IMAX projects in 70mm? I was wondering about that.

I know they used to.  They're a real IMAX, not a dumb fake one.  They used to only show educational IMAX films and has been there since before there were fake IMAXes.

Stefen

I need to see this but don't have an IMAX within 500 miles of me.  :( #xixaxproblems