The Dark Knight Rises

Started by MacGuffin, August 07, 2008, 12:16:56 AM

Stefen

haha oh no she looks ridiculous.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

i have faith in Nola--hahaha

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

martinthewarrior

Alexandro

Robyn

I'd hit that (If I was able to it)

EDIT: Oh shit, it's a fake.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Gloria

I hope Nolan knows what he's doing...it's still early.  Judging by the picture alone, he might be using a later incarnation of the Catwoman costume from the Catwoman comic series -- that would explain the goggles.

Stefen

Do you like it Gloria? I don't like it, but I trust Nolan. To me it just looks like every other comic book villain. Nothing sets it apart. The Batman villains have always been very genuine and real. This one doesn't seem like that.

Gold Trumpet

Most super hero outfits look dumb to me in promotional picture stage. When in action on film, I think the suit will be passable enough. The simplicity of the outfit will help it.

Gloria

Quote from: S.R. on August 06, 2011, 06:47:11 PM
Do you like it Gloria? I don't like it, but I trust Nolan. To me it just looks like every other comic book villain. Nothing sets it apart. The Batman villains have always been very genuine and real. This one doesn't seem like that.

It looks questionable right now -- I think, judging only from the set photo, her costume is too glossy and cheap.  It kind of worries me with the costume looking this way, because I was hoping Anne Hathaway wouldn't seem miscast like Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins -- both seem a little "goody-goody" without a lot of intensity.  With this costuming, she looks even more out of place compared to the Bane and Batman costumes. I'm a little worried - but it's early.

RegularKarate

It's also possible that she's only wearing those dumb goggles (the only thing that looks bad to me) because she's riding a Batcycle.

MacGuffin

Anne Hathaway Reacts to 'The Dark Knight Rises' Catwoman Criticisms
Source: THR

Anne Hathaway wasn't shy when asked about the criticisms of the first Catwoman photos that Warner Bros. released from The Dark Knight Rises, even revealing that she asked someone to send her some of the reactions so she could read them.

"I was not going to admit it: I asked someone to send me a few reactions [to the photo]," Hathaway told MTV News. "And I happen to know that MTV's reaction was 'meh.' " In fact, MTV's response to the photo used the words "cautiously optimistic" and "underwhelming" in their critique.

Last week, the first image of Hathaway as Selina Kyle in the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises was released on the web and many did not have a favorable impression. Holly Duffy said, "I'm sure it won't be as bad as I think, but still, Catwoman doesn't look like that, and Anne Hathaway is too cuddly to play her." But Shane Adams had a positive reaction, saying, "Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle/Catwoman riding a Bat-pod. Sounds good to me." In the image, Hathaway was seen wearing skin-tight leather and riding a large motorcycle.

"What I am happy to say is, if you didn't like the photo, you only see about a 10th of what that suit can do," she said.

She added: "And if you did like the photo, you have excellent taste."

During filming, Hathaway's stunt double wrecked an expensive Imax camera during filming. She was riding a giant motorcycle down the steps of a Carnegie Mellon University building when she went flying into the camera.

The Dark Knight Rises is in theaters next summer and stars Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 09, 2011, 05:46:11 PM
Anne Hathaway Reacts to 'The Dark Knight Rises' Catwoman Criticisms
Source: THR

During filming, Hathaway's stunt double wrecked an expensive Imax camera during filming. She was riding a giant motorcycle down the steps of a Carnegie Mellon University building when she went flying into the camera.

And here it is happening. Spoilers, I guess.

I feel like I'm going to know the whole movie just based off of spy crap.