www.ptanderson.info >> Shooting 65mm Without Elswit?

Started by bluejaytwist, July 18, 2005, 07:10:22 PM

ElPandaRoyal

Sal is probably pissed for not having seen the movie. Or, if he saw it, he's just pissed for waiting longer  :yabbse-grin:

C'mon man, relax.
Si

Pubrick

i don't know about making us look like assholes, but he does make us look like bad spellers.

the word is "melancholy".

that pumpkins album single-handedly wiped out an entire generation.
under the paving stones.

modage

cj, did you tell paul he could have a screening at a giant new york city movie palace and it didn't have to be over?  :yabbse-grin:

pleasepleaseplseapleasepleasepleaseplseaseplseaseplasepalslpaselpase
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sal

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on November 07, 2007, 05:05:57 PM
Sal is probably pissed for not having seen the movie. Or, if he saw it, he's just pissed for waiting longer  :yabbse-grin:

C'mon man, relax.

Im seeing it on the 12th with PTA, Dano and Day-Lewis in attendance for Q&A and reception. What Im pissed about is knowing there's a "part two" to that post on cigsandvines. I think Cj is doing a disservice for his site. I get that he is joking, but I am not laughing.

bluejaytwist

p:
thanks, fixed it. i knew that didn't look right.
that'll teach me for using google as a spell checker. :/

mod:
there will be a ny screening in the works soon yes.
pre-release as far as i know.

sal:
the day i delete the site randomly and someone needs to take it over is the day i'll be doing a disservice to it. not mentioning any names of course......
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

MacGuffin

Quote from: bluejaytwist on November 07, 2007, 06:35:26 PMmod:

Los Angeles too?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 07, 2007, 08:12:19 PM
Quote from: bluejaytwist on November 07, 2007, 06:35:26 PMmod:

Los Angeles too?

Not, but Portugal for sure

:roll:
Si

Fernando

Just curious cigs&vines ppl, will you guys do a 1 on 1 interview with PTA? Although there are dozens of ints. out there yours are always great to read.

Pozer

bluejaytwist

funny story.

the site has always always, instantly after production ends and before they go into editing we have done an interview with paul. we sent the questions and waited. it usually takes a little while due to vacations/calming down after filming etc etc. it was the thing we kept hinting towards that was major. and we are still waiting for those post-filming questions to be returned. the problem wasn't with paul...it was getting them to paul. he was in the middle of changing assistants, and new assistants are always weary of fucking up and on and on, so the questions were essentially/continuously ignored. it was frustrating for us, as you might imagine...

90% of the fun of those particular set of questions are substantially muted now because most of us have seen the film, so that particular interview was scrapped a couple months back. now pauls new assistant and i are comfortable with one another and are friends etc, so i will resubmit the interview idea once jeff and i come up with new questions in the next little bit.

cjw
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

modage

might it be possible for xixax to round up a handful of questions for possible inclusion into this interview as well?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

md

Quote from: modage on January 08, 2008, 03:58:10 PM
might it be possible for xixax to round up a handful of questions for possible inclusion into this interview as well?
I'll start.  Paul, you've always placed emphasis on "loving your characters" during your writing process, do you love Daniel Plainview?
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

picolas

What's the name of the piece of music that plays starting at 1:40 in the first theatrical trailer? (The music that isn't referred to or listed anywhere on the internet.) Theriothly. A lot of people want to know.