INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

modage

Nope, Dec 12 will be NY/LA. Wide release isn't until January unfort.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

idk

Yea, the independent-y theatre near me that gets tons of limited releases and got The Master a couple weeks earlier than the cineplexes, has IV on their schedule for January 9th. :(

jenkins

inherent vice's new book cover is pretty chill and really i was being a baby. it's out btw

Drenk

Short clip between Phoenix and Short. (Short sentence with two shorts.)

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/77851
Ascension.

max from fearless

I responded better to this, than to any of the posters so far for this movie, which I think by PTA standards, haven't really been all that...(remember that last poster for The Master, that they used for the newspaper? and the first teaser poster for the Master?) but this is just a cool image and the fonts (colour, size, placement) are lush.

Simple as fuck, but I dig it....

Gittes

Quote from: modage on November 30, 2014, 08:32:24 AM
Nope, Dec 12 will be NY/LA. Wide released isn't until January unfort.

If I'm not mistaken, the December 12th limited release also includes Toronto.

Korova

So, apparently this is from the soundtrack of the movie:

The beginning is Sukiyaki and then there is Adrian Prussia (at 3:17) by Johnny Greenwood. Is that really from the movie?

putneyswipe

I like this, sounds a little like On the Corner-era Miles Davis

Lottery

I get Bob James vibes (with a twisty JG edge now that I've convinced myself that it's JG).

Fuzzy Dunlop

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2014/12/vice-makes-national-board-of-reviews.html

Woo-hoo! National Board of Review names Inherent Vice one of the top 10 films of the year and awards PTA Best Adapted Screenplay!

Shit is ON.

jenkins

Drenk

Hey! Joaquin is talking.
EDIT: It spoils two shots from the movie, one is in the trailer.

Ascension.

Drenk

Three clips of Inherent Vice appeared.

THIS ONE CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Ascension.

Gittes

Quote from: Amnesiac on December 04, 2014, 01:47:18 AM
Quote from: modage on November 30, 2014, 08:32:24 AM
Nope, Dec 12 will be NY/LA. Wide released isn't until January unfort.

If I'm not mistaken, the December 12th limited release also includes Toronto.

I was mistaken: December 25th for Toronto, if there are any Canadians that visit these forums.

I really want to watch that Phoenix interview but I'm still trying to limit my exposure to the film. Is anything particularly interesting said (that does not qualify as a spoiler)?

Also, thanks for being conscientious with the spoiler warnings.