all things iPod (buying, using, breaking)

Started by cron, January 15, 2004, 11:48:12 AM

the 60gb.

and you're better off with the black one. i've seen how the scratches look on the surface and they're not cool. i gotta be ultra careful now.
they do look badass, though.  i wanna paint mine with acrylics.
context, context, context.

polkablues

http://todd.dailey.info/archives/2005/09/27/restore-your-ipod-nano-to-new-condition-with-a-4-can-of-brasso

Oddly enough, I was just reading this article.  I think I'm going to give it a shot, since my screen already has some scratches on it that make watching video not quite as cool as it could be.  My plan is to polish it up, then immediately put one of those clear adhesive screen protectors on it.

:yabbse-fingerscrossed:
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

thats awesome. i hope that works cause i got my girlfriend a black nano a month and a half ago and havent gotten around to getting a case and it's all dinged up.  so i hope this works, that would be great. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on January 13, 2006, 05:12:01 PM
thats awesome. i hope that works cause i got my girlfriend a black nano a month and a half ago and havent gotten around to getting a case and it's all dinged up.  so i hope this works, that would be great. 

I'm going to give it a shot tonight.  I'll let you know how it works.

it works, i tried it with my old ipod once and it did loose all its scratches.

RegularKarate

My Birthday isn't 'Til Tuesday but I'm celebrating today so the wife decided she would give me my present today.

WOOHOO!!!!! I got the 30 gig (don't really NEED the 60) video.  I went case shopping today, but everything but the really shitty ones were sold out from EVERYWHERE.  So it looks like I'm just going to order one online.  Need something tough... Speck looks like a good company for this stuff (though a lot of thier stock isn't available on thier site now).

This thing is awesome.  My only complaint is that they got rid of firewire.  My imac doesn't have USB 2 so I'm pretty much screwed and now it transfers pretty effin slow.  The box also said I would need 10.3.9, but luckily that was bullshit.

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate on January 14, 2006, 06:18:26 PM
I went case shopping today, but everything but the really shitty ones were sold out from EVERYWHERE.

I'm really not happy with the lack of accessories out there that are compatible with the 5th gen iPods.  Everything I find in the store is for either the nano or the 4th gen, which is a little different shape and a totally different screen.

And when I put the screen protector on yesterday, it had all these air bubbles that I couldn't get out and it looked like shit, so I took it off.  But the scratches are all pretty much gone.  Yay, Brasso!

I got the 30 gig (don't really NEED the 60) video.

You say that now, but wait'll you start downloading TV shows onto it.  (I currently have every episode of "Family Guy", the first and second seasons of "Arrested Development", the first and current seasons of the American "Office", and the first season of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", and right now I'm downloading the first season of "Home Movies" and the entire series of "Dr. Katz"... plus I still have about 150 cds that I have yet to rip onto the thing)

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues on January 14, 2006, 07:47:01 PM
I got the 30 gig (don't really NEED the 60) video.
You say that now, but wait'll you start downloading TV shows onto it.  (I currently have every episode of "Family Guy", the first and second seasons of "Arrested Development", the first and current seasons of the American "Office", and the first season of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", and right now I'm downloading the first season of "Home Movies" and the entire series of "Dr. Katz"... plus I still have about 150 cds that I have yet to rip onto the thing)

I just don't think I'll ever really need all that accessable on my actual iPod...  I could use a few videos at a time.. that's good enough for me.

Quote from: polkablues on December 29, 2005, 04:58:12 PM
Didn't want cronopio's post getting lost on the previous page...

Quote from: cronopio on December 29, 2005, 04:47:58 PM
here's a lil' sumthin' fo' the ipod video/mac users:

http://www.isquint.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=14

Also: www.podtropolis.com

Bit torrent site exclusively for iPod media.

is this site dead?!

Kal

yeah, it just died for a while but it's all good now. phew.

anyone knows of a good  'avi to mp4' tool?

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio on January 27, 2006, 08:27:43 PM
anyone knows of a good  'avi to mp4' tool?

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/3gp_converter.html

I tried three others before I found this one, and it's the only one that is both fast and doesn't fuck up half the time.  Plus, it automatically adds the videos to your iTunes library when it's done converting, saving you that extra three seconds on the back end.

It converts from .avi, .mpg, and .wmv; the only thing it won't do is convert quicktime videos (.mov).

awesome! now if i only had a pc... :yabbse-sad: :yabbse-sad:

anyways, mac users, here it is:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28378

also, would it be too controversial if i started a 'what's on your ipod' thread? where should it go?

RegularKarate

there's also iSquint (for mac).... I haven't compared the two yet, but this is what I use.