Not PT Anderson and not 'PTA' !!

Started by prophet, July 16, 2003, 06:29:29 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementeddont forget pink floyd the wall

Thanks.  I should be shot for forgetting that one.  :oops:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Alethia

hedwig was brilliant brilliant brilliant

modage

Quote from: ewardhedwig was brilliant brilliant brilliant

why?  what did i miss?  perhaps my experience was hindered by being one of a handful of straight guys in a theatre filled with gay people.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

hey, different strokes, y'know?

Ghostboy

I never like to pass up a chance to say that Hedwig is one of my all time faves.

Pubrick

yeah i liked it more than i thought i would.

among the best musicals of the last 10 years for sure. definitely top 2.
under the paving stones.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: themodernage02i hated hated hated hedwig.

explain both why, and how you acquired your bad taste

BrainSushi

Quote from: prophet"PTA, loves his gummy bears"

Hehe... I bet PTA wanted to shove his Gummy Bears down Adam's throat when he said that. "Here ya go ARS!! Like them fuckin' Gummy Bears?!"

Nah, but I couldn't imagine PTA being very violent.

And I haven't seen Hedwig. Want to though.

modage

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: themodernage02i hated hated hated hedwig.

explain both why, and how you acquired your bad taste

i hated the characters.  i didnt think it was funny.  i hated the faux glamrock.  and like i mentioned already, the "best rock movie ever" was more than misleading.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

markums2k

Quote from: prophetI saw this guy John Cameron Mitchell on IFC say that people like to call PTA PT Anderson and PTA but they shoudnt cause its Paul Thomas Anderson he was almost saying that if you call him PTA you are not a fan anyone see that?

Shit.  I've been doing it all wrong.  Is this John Cameron Mitchell guy available for me to call and run some more things by him to make sure it's okay with him?

Vile5

ok, i never write on this subject again because i had not watched Hedwig and i finally watched the last weekend and i LOVED this movie, and the music is great, well as i said before, it is not a master piece but it's a beautiful picture!
Well maybe some of you doesn't know that there is a Film Festival on these days in Lima, and some pictures as Hedwig (from Sundance) were showed here, and i knew John Cameron Mitchell was in Lima!! the funny about it, is that i couldn't get tickets for the presentation of "Hedwig" with JCM him self and i was so sad for that, but the last Saturday i went to watch other movie (Raising Victor Vargas) and when i went out of the cinema John Cameron Mitchell was next to me  :shock: !!!!!!!  and i couldn't help askhim if he was really him, you know?  and he looked at me and he said "yeaaah i'm" and i just told him that i loved his movie and that i'd like to say thanks for his picture, he was very nice and said "you're welcome" then he asked me a couple of thing, and then i went out of that place, unbelieveble!!!! This kind of thing are not so possible in Lima so i can't believe i talked for 3 seconds with a real filmmaker niiiiiice....
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí