Most Beautiful Island

Started by wilder, November 23, 2017, 12:42:34 AM

wilder

A chilling portrait of an undocumented young woman's struggle for survival as she finds redemption from a tortured past in a dangerous game.

Written, Directed, and Starring Ana Asensio
Release Date - November 3, 2017, available for rent on Amazon

ElPandaRoyal

I saw this just yesterday without knowing absolutely anything about it (no trailer, no reviews, no synopsis) and it was nerve-wracking. Half the film is building up to a long sequence that occupies the other half of the film where the lead is in the exact same position as us as far as knowing what the fuck is going on. It's very low budget filmmaking and some of the acting could maybe have been better but writer-director-star Ana Asensio nails this: short, slow-burning and creepy, just the way I like 'em.
Si

Sleepless

This has been on my Prime watchlist for ages, but it was showing up on Mubi that finally got me to make an effort to watch it. It's really good. There's some clear influences from various types of cinema I enjoy, but really this is its own thing. It's short and tight, and that might make you think it's slight, but it does what it needs to. I liked it. I hope Ana Asensio makes another film.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

thehay95

Is this movie worth my time watching?