The Lone Ranger
5 (20%)
Oblivion
2 (8%)
The Place Beyond the Pines
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Jeremy Blackman

Welcome to the 2014 Xixax Awards! The nominees have been carefully chosen by Xixax users and administrators. Vote in the poll above to help decide the winner!

Garam

I wouldn't watch it again in a hurry, but Place Beyond the Pines isn't a bad film.

picolas

it was a disappointing followup to blue valentine. someone make the case that oblivion is a better movie.

jenkins

^m83 and fancy digital work. and, you know, i find it easy to believe that cruise is confused and ponderous

[i think pines is solid and it's being ravaged by packs of wild babies]
[^topical jk]

polkablues

I can't really rile up any hate for any of these movies. Even the clearly bad ones like Lone Ranger aren't bad in a way and to a degree that evokes any sort of passion against them.
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

Well I saw this only recently and so I didn't suggest it in time, but MAN OF STEEL was real bad.

Jeremy Blackman

Maybe this is obvious, but I think since most of us try not to see bad movies, this category is more like Most Disappointing Film.

©brad

Everything about Gangster Squad including its title is abominable. That's the one that riles up the most grrrr in me.

And JB is right this category could also be interpreted as most disappointing or biggest letdown, which means Pines definitely belongs on the list.

jenkins

"by [racial slur] i obviously mean [race]"

[edit] thought about deleting this bc it might start a fight no one wants to have (in the worst movie thread?!? come on). but i'm keeping it as the oppositional perspective on how this category isn't sharp. let's all agree it isn't sharp and let the good times roll xx

yeah these nominees are more 'we thought theyd be cooler'.
the real worst movie is movie 43. its very obvious.

diggler

I liked a lot of Lone Ranger, especially the first hour.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

modage

Quote from: matt35mm on April 19, 2014, 02:10:15 PM
Well I saw this only recently and so I didn't suggest it in time, but MAN OF STEEL was real bad.

Best/interesting parts of this still better/more interesting than 90% of Marvel Studios stuff.

PLACE BEYOND THE PINES is awful.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

Of all 2013 films I saw I rank White House Down as the worst.
Even it can be a fun movie to get lost in for a while.
What knocked it down even further for me was the gratuitous little girl life threatening/putting a gun to a little girl's head repeatedly.

5/10

I forgot I ranked Oz the Great and Powerful below it, but also 5/10.
Watching it on DISH in Full Screen didn't help either.

RIPD only avoided 5 because I thought the Ryan Reynolds death/ascending in the sky scene was pretty good.

I enjoyed Oblivion.

I have forgotten much of Gangster Squad, but I do know one of the biggest sequences/set pieces had to be cut because of the theater shooting. So I have to wonder how much that hurt the film.

**update**

Just saw The Internship. Man, that was a stinker. I think it goes with the 5/10's and that may be generous.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

Voting has been locked. The winner is:

Gangster Squad

Pas

Xixax is the only place you'll see Gangster Squad listed as the worst film of the year.

Yet it is the worst film of the year.

:bravo: