michael moore: oscars, truths, and fictitions

Started by Rudie Obias, March 23, 2003, 09:27:38 PM

blu

a director being sensationalist shouldn't surprise me.  i hear the man will be responding to this article on his website soon.

Pedro

Alot of these exaggerations and edits seemed pretty obvious to me the first time I saw the movie, anyway.  I mean ok, so the speech that was cut in the movie was from two separate speeches...doesn't really matter...It seems that people who disagree with his views will use anything to say something negative about him.  That isn't necessarily always bad, I mean, I can do similar things.  I guess I don't like this and find such actions extreme because they go against someone who holds my views.  If this was something geared against, say, Bill O'Reily(first thing that came to me head...no arguments please) I would be happy about this existing.

Pastor Parsley

The website claims that Heston never said "from my cold dead hands" in denver.  He did, I lived in denver at the time and they quoted him in the newspaper the following day...he may have said it in north carolina as well and the footage might have been shot there too, but who cares.  I mean he probably said the same speech everywhere he went.  It makes me think the whole website is a an effort to discredit moore.

Jeremy Blackman

I found out that the guy who made that website (the one that "dispels" Moore's facts) is a lawyer with the NRA.

:roll:

Pastor Parsley

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI found out that the guy who made that website (the one that "dispels" Moore's facts) is a lawyer with the NRA.

:roll:

Bingo!

MacGuffin

Moore still ashamed of Bush  

Source: Los Angeles Times:

Filmmaker Michael Moore, who slammed President Bush and the U.S.-led war in Iraq during his Oscar acceptance speech, continued his criticism before a university crowd in Bush's home state.

Moore said this week that the president's approval ratings are high because the American people rally around their leader after a tragedy, and Bush "is the one occupying the federal land at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave."

Moore said the United States is at war with Iraq because of the former Texas governor's need to keep the public's eye off his domestic failures as president.

"It's not about the weapons of mass destruction; it's about the weapons of mass distraction," he told students and guests at the University of Texas.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Gamblour.

Quote from: XIXAXthat big piece of shit, Michael Moore

You get a standing ovation (or boos, depending on where you're at in the audience (haha, that was a mockery of Moore, okay I'm done.)), on my part.

Like my friends have said, how can this guy complain about the indulgences of America, when he's clearly indulged a little too much (aka, he's a fat little fucker)? Extremists can kiss my ass, on both sides. We don't need fascists or communists. Go neutralists.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: mutinycoLike him or not, we NEED him right now.

....to leave our country!!!!!!!

i cannot stand this guy .. total idiot for attacking our president like that in front of our nation and all of the soldiers watching the telecast abroad who give their life for our country andf fight oppressive regimes to keep our  country safe.. THINK ABOUT IT !!!!! if you are a soldier thats the last thing you want to hear is someone criticizing the presidents actions on this matter.....i was surprised that even liberal hollywood started to boo him ...i canot stand it that people criticize Bush for liberating a country and making the world safer for ALL THE WORLD!!!!!!  what can you say negative about this ....???..NOTHING really!  //michael moore abusues the right of freedom of speech , a right that was won for us b/c  of war....

to all our armed forces : :yabbse-thumbup:

to President Bush and his administration: :yabbse-thumbup:

to michael moore: :yabbse-thumbdown:

...just gettin gthis off my chest i know it's been awhile

jokerspath

Neon Mercury: Don't be naive.  Bush has made nothing safer.  This country is too quiet.  Michael Moore's actions, though at times they may be misguided or left to an extreme, are still an error in the right direction.  If you're not angry, if you're not seething with rage at the state of politics and its control on the media than you need to look a little harder, listen a bit more intently.

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

SoNowThen

Quote from: mutinycoLike him or not, we NEED him right now.

Why?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: jokerspathIf you're not angry, if you're not seething with rage at the state of politics and its control on the media than you need to look a little harder, listen a bit more intently.

aw

what  are things i should be looking out for in your opinion?...

i am not that big into politics so i don't follow that perspective of it all...

i am just a proud American who supports his country and values the freedoms that comes w/ living in America..

Vile5

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi cannot stand this guy .. total idiot for attacking our president like that in front of our nation and all of the soldiers watching the telecast abroad who give their life for our country andf fight oppressive regimes to keep our  country safe.. THINK ABOUT IT !!!!! if you are a soldier thats the last thing you want to hear is someone criticizing the presidents actions on this matter.....i was surprised that even liberal hollywood started to boo him ...i canot stand it that people criticize Bush for liberating a country and making the world safer for ALL THE WORLD!!!!!!  what can you say negative about this ....???..NOTHING really!  //michael moore abusues the right of freedom of speech , a right that was won for us b/c  of war....

to all our armed forces : :yabbse-thumbup:

to President Bush and his administration: :yabbse-thumbup:

to michael moore: :yabbse-thumbdown:

...just gettin gthis off my chest i know it's been awhile

how old are you???
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

NEON MERCURY

..lol......why ?.  do you think iam some 5 yr old experiencing my first 4th of july, playing w/fireworks  and feeling overly partiotic?...lol...

::wipes eyebrows and has a serious smirk:: or ...do i sound like i know politics...and care....

explain..why you ask this .....