What kind of PTA film do you want to see next?

Started by cine, April 01, 2003, 12:14:38 AM

cine

PTA has said in numerous interviews that he wants to attack all genres.

Like one of his largest influences, Altman, he wants to make a musical ("Nashville"), a western ("McCabe & Mrs. Miller"), etc...
so what genre would you like to see PTA explore next?

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i wanna see him adabt a book, sure i would like to see him do a book i love, but really the only thing that matters is a book that he likes

cowboykurtis

as you all know there's speculation about pta adapting "a heartbreaking work of staggering genious" its probably not true-- reagardless i hear the book is amazing -- have any of you read it?
...your excuses are your own...

cine

thats untrue.. some magazine said PTA was a "staggering genius", which in itself is very false..

so thats probably what you're talking about. Anyway, I find it funny that I originated this question to people and then suddenly someone else makes a poll out of it and ignores two of the biggest possibilities that PTA would do, a musical and a western... people these days.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisas you all know there's speculation about pta adapting "a heartbreaking work of staggering genious" its probably not true--

second post down:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=158&start=15

Quote from: CinephileAnyway, I find it funny that I originated this question to people and then suddenly someone else makes a poll out of it and ignores two of the biggest possibilities that PTA would do, a musical and a western... people these days.

that poll was made on Jan 15th. check yo facts then check yo head.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

cine

Mogwai VS Jake La Motta.

That would be awesome.

Robyn

I still want to see TWBB. It hasn't come to Sweden yet.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Stefen

I want him to do something he's never done before. Do some serious sci-fi, a too proper for us to dig period piece. Something new. At 40, I think he's at a place where he can really open up his filmography and do work. He got all the movies about people that all of us would have made in our 20's out of his system. He got his early 30's quirky growing pain movie out of the way (PDL) and he made his American classic which REALLY opened up his filmography. It's wide open now. I would be really disappointed if he decided to do something like The Catwoman (NOT LIKELY). He takes so much time between films. This current stretch will be the longest of his career. I want him to come back with something mind blowing and life affirming.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: KarlJan on November 22, 2010, 04:57:47 AM

Weird, I saw it in Malmö in 2008.

I reckon he should do an action movie starring John C Reilly and Mark Wahlberg in the lead.

Robyn

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on November 26, 2010, 02:07:30 AM
I want him to do something he's never done before. Do some serious sci-fi, a too proper for us to dig period piece. Something new. At 40, I think he's at a place where he can really open up his filmography and do work. He got all the movies about people that all of us would have made in our 20's out of his system. He got his early 30's quirky growing pain movie out of the way (PDL) and he made his American classic which REALLY opened up his filmography. It's wide open now. I would be really disappointed if he decided to do something like The Catwoman (NOT LIKELY). He takes so much time between films. This current stretch will be the longest of his career. I want him to come back with something mind blowing and life affirming.

The Catwoman lol. After TWBB, PTA is now the most interesting artist in terms of 'what will he do next'

mogwai

Quote from: KarlJan on November 26, 2010, 11:08:02 AM
Quote from: Mogwai on November 26, 2010, 10:35:23 AM
Quote from: KarlJan on November 22, 2010, 04:57:47 AM

Weird, I saw it in Malmö in 2008.

I said Sweden. (;

Your sense of humor is off the chart.

Maybe he should do that quick made movie he said he wanted to do as a follow up to Boogie Night. Sure, PDL was quick, but he worked on that over a year after he shot it in early 2001. Just do a quick shoot, quick edit, low budget, almost dogma style movie. I think that would've been a great move by him.