Overplayed Songs

Started by MacGuffin, April 02, 2005, 09:33:06 PM

Gamblour.

Ah, yes, that fat guy is hilarious.

Mac, I totally see what you mean, I liked the Killers' performance on SNL the first time, but now, I see that the guy is totally out of tune and terrible.
WWPTAD?

classical gas

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanAny song that talks about flying.

especially songs that deal with learning to fly.

it's already been done by tom petty and the pink foo floyd fighters.

my musical taste has been compromised lately because all i have is the radio.  for instance, i'm not so sure that i really like 'system of a down' now or if i just like the fact that they're not 'puddle of mudd' or 'nickleback'.

as far as overplayed songs...anything that deals with problems of teenagers, especially by thirty year olds who don't want to grow up....although i'm not very old i can still say to hell with children and the youth of america, they get too much attention; it's unhealthy.

but now i sound like a bitter old man...

Ravi

Quote from: classical gas
my musical taste has been compromised lately because all i have is the radio.  for instance, i'm not so sure that i really like 'system of a down' now or if i just like the fact that they're not 'puddle of mudd' or 'nickleback'.

SOAD are too repetitive lyrically for me.  The music's not bad though.

Quoteas far as overplayed songs...anything that deals with problems of teenagers, especially by thirty year olds who don't want to grow up....although i'm not very old i can still say to hell with children and the youth of america, they get too much attention; it's unhealthy.

Agreed.  Teen angst songs are annoying, especially if they're written for white, suburban, middle-class teens.

I don't listen to the radio so I don't even know what's popular.  Are the radio stations still playing "Hey Ya" constantly?

classical gas

Quote from: Ratnerr
Quote from: classical gas

SOAD are too repetitive lyrically for me.  The music's not bad though.

i can barely make out the words for the last couple of singles.  but yeah, the music is better than most, as far as the radio is concerned.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

All european xixaxers most agree with me when I say that all eurodance is overplayed.

mogwai

Quote from: Sigur RósAll european xixaxers most agree with me when I say that all eurodance is overplayed.
um, we said that about 10 years ago.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Sigur RósAll european xixaxers most agree with me when I say that all eurodance is overplayed.
um, we said that about 10 years ago.

Apparently some Swedes missed it. ERIK PRYDZ!!!