Batalla en el Cielo (Battle in Heaven)

Started by cron, May 16, 2005, 04:55:46 PM

In this narrative, the seemingly immoral behavior of three "lost souls" living in Mexico City is notable in a world in which such behavior has come to be regarded as utterly moral.

TRAILER:

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/films/fiche_film.php?langue=6002&partie=video&id_film=4254232&cmedia=6577

to me this soundslooks gorgeous, i liked Japón a lot, regardless of its pitfalls, which samsong can elaborate on eloquently.
context, context, context.

Ghostboy

It could be really good, or it could be really heavy-handed. Regardless, it has a nice poster:

i got back from seeing this right now and it was decent, better than japón, but it was like Reygadas saw the brown bunny and wanted to do it mexican style. i don't know, it doesn't demands anything special and it isn't so 'meditative. the bodies of the main characters are fucking interesting to watch if you're into say rubber johnny.  i think that was my favorite part. there's some beautiful shots of mexico city and its 'mexican curious-ness' but it's sort of bizarre and at the same time dull to go out from this movie and seeing the same city that was portrayed in it. maybe you guys will like it better.

and the censors here blurred the dude's cock.
context, context, context.