Not to be a bother....

Started by Xeditor, January 22, 2003, 02:32:06 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: XixaxI still have trouble thinking of him with another guy.

haha yeah i thought u'd be used to the image. syke! but for real.. he's definitely an iconoclast.
under the paving stones.

Xixax

Quote from: Phe's definitely an iconoclast.
Is that an Australian word for a guy who is gay but doesn't carry himself that way?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

RJ is GAY!? Dude, I gotta get into his pants.

I saw him on Conan. The man is crazy. He threw cards into watermelons.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

he was originally going to be a larger villain in 'tomorrow never dies' (he was going to throw cards into doors and shit) but the producers felt that it wouldn't be effective on film because the audience could just dismiss it as some lame computer generated effect when mr. jay can in fact do it for real

ReelHotGames

Quote from: sphinxhe was originally going to be a larger villain in 'tomorrow never dies' (he was going to throw cards into doors and shit) but the producers felt that it wouldn't be effective on film because the audience could just dismiss it as some lame computer generated effect when mr. jay can in fact do it for real

When I saw him speak last year, at the end he gavce the audience a small preview of a peice he was working on for his recent broadway show, a poem written for him by Shel Silverstein, and during it he tossed cards.

At several points he whipped cards out over the audiences head, hitting the railing of the balcony a good forty-fifty feet from the stage and fifteen-twenty feet above our heads, a target that is roughly 3 feet in width.

He did it 3 times, his accuracy and skill in card tossing is amazing. And his book "Cards as Weapons" is wickedly clever (and a little dangerous)
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

BonBon85

I bet Xeditor keeps seeing this thread updated and thinks we're talking about his idea...

On another note, I really want to see Ricky Jay toss some cards now!

phil marlowe

Quote from: BonBon85I really want to see Ricky Jay toss some cards now!

Yeah, me too. Is any of that shit online?

MacGuffin

Can't find a video of him, but found this 56 minute audio interview with Ricky Jay:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

I heard Ricky Jay doing a voiceover for a Cisco computer commercial yesterday. It had a very Magnoliaesque feel to it... The copy was all about "different lives intertwining into a tapestry"

I wonder if I can find it online somewhere. Doubtful, since the commercial was very corporate and ordinary in most ways. I'll probably never see it again.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

phil marlowe

Thanks Mac! This guy really has the body of a walrus and the voice of a pixie. In theory couldn't exist.