Blossoms & Blood - works...?

Started by kotte, November 04, 2003, 05:50:04 AM

kotte

Does B&B work as a stand alone short?

Or do you have to know the characters in order to like it?

TheVoiceOfNick

No... it sucks... just a fucking ploy to make us think there is more shit on the DVD... i love PDL... but this is NOT a short film...

Ernie

Yea, B&B does kinda suck, it's a mess. I mean, some site or magazine or something called it one of the best specs they ever saw. I couldn't imagine even sitting through the whole 12 minutes without seeing the movie. There's a cool alternate take here or there but there's not that much otherwise. The music doesn't even really work with a lot of the visuals.

kotte

I like it...but it does not work as a stand-alone short...

oakmanc234

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a short film at all, just some alternate takes/deleted scenes/artwork/music piled together. And 'Here We Go' isn't really a music video either, its really just a deleted scene scored by the song ain't it? Oh well, its 'PDL', and thats enough for me. They really should've chucked 'Couch' in there somewhere though, at least then they could've rightfully said it contains a short film.....
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

kotte

As PTA said, 'Couch' is just something silly he did with Sandler and a camera. I didn't even think it was that funny...not very PTA...very Sandler.

I can't remember who did Here We Go...??

Gsus4

jaw n
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
eye en

blah blah blah sums
iz gore jus
hau kuh d u oh ver luhk et

sil leigh
ra bets
(played 3X0013)

Find Your Magali

From Premiere magazine:

The two-disc set includes a Superbit disc of the movie, valuable deleted scenes, and the best extra in the short history of the disc format— a wonderful short film, Blossoms and Blood, that utilizes deleted scenes, alternate takes, and other footage to create an experience just as shockingly beautiful as the film itself. — Ian Rainnie

Ummm, OK.

Alethia

SoNowThen

I like the bit with Sandler watching that little kid -- not that it matters now, but I really would've liked ALL the deleted scenes. Some filmmakers are really conscious about the stuff they cut out never being seen, but from what we got on the Boogie Nights 2nd disc, I'd say there was some gold in the vaults, and I'm a little sad that I'll never get to see it.

But yeah, in accordance to what some others have said, it was a bit of a let down, extras-wise.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Gsus4jaw n
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
eye en

blah blah blah sums
iz gore jus
hau kuh d u oh ver luhk et

sil leigh
ra bets

a greed.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

brockly

was altman at the blossoms and blood premier?

edison

b and b sucks
as does
couch
that is all

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

kotte

Who did 'Here We Go'??? I wanna know!