There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Derek

Well, a more tongue in cheek reaction than anything. Not knowing a lot about the production, it's difficult to imagine the movie with a main character who looks like that. I wonder how far DDL will take the Texas accent?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

matt35mm

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 14, 2006, 01:00:29 PM
Quote from: matt35mm on August 14, 2006, 12:51:43 PM
I had a dream that this movie was ultimately released under a different title...

Mein Kampf?
Is that a noodle dish or something?  Why would it be named that?

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: matt35mm on August 14, 2006, 02:29:48 PM
I had a dream that this movie was ultimately released under a different title...

Mein Kampf?
To review:

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

RegularKarate

matt35mm

Quote from: Slightly Green on August 14, 2006, 02:52:20 PM
Quote from: matt35mm on August 14, 2006, 02:29:48 PM

Mein Kampf?
To review:

This makes no sense.  First off, okay, I recognize that the cat is supposed to be a Hitler look-a-like or something (okay, only because the picture's link is called "kitler.jpg"--see?  I can figure things out).  But I don't see what that has to do with the bald guy at the top, especially since the new picture linked at the top of this page shows that his mustache is actually not at all like the cat's...

And I definitely don't see what any of this has to do with what some guy named Werner Maser wrote in what looks like the Medieval Ages.

Ravi

polkablues

I thought "Mein Kampf" was really well-done, if a bit long. Hitler did a great job establishing the time period. It's a pretty predictable Hollywood story though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

edison

children with angels

For all you people who got a kick out of the kitler, I love that this site exists:

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

Jesus, look how starved we are for PTA conversation even with a new film being shot.

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

sickfins

if you're wondering why ddl looks so...weird in those pictures, this might clear things up for you

Sal

Pubrick

under the paving stones.