Razorlight

Started by Pas, January 12, 2005, 06:21:09 AM

Pas

Anyone heard this ? I just saw the video for Up All Night, thought it was cool for a first listen. Way better than those damned Killers anyway, as I make the comparison because the guy on MTV2 said they were very alike (which they really don't seem to be in fact)

mogwai

"rip it up", "golden touch" and "stumble and fall" are also great songs. the future looks bright for the razorlights. :yabbse-grin: mtv2 plays the hell out of them.

Pas

It turns out I saw the video for Golden Touch, Up All Night is the album which I just bought. Pretty good ... not as catchy as Ferdinand or The Strokes but hey.

SoNowThen

Fucking great band, fucking FANTASTIC album. Just keeps getting better with each listen. I'm seeing them live in a few weeks, so I can report back...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pas

Yeah the album is really great...hey, glad to see you back SoNow !