The Pixies Rule So Much Ass...

Started by Film Student, August 13, 2004, 09:52:18 PM

Film Student

Recently picked up the new DVD which has everything a Pixies fan could want.  Seriously... The London '88 show, a handful of music videos, an 'on the road' tour documentary from '89...  

The best by far though is the long retrospective that features an assload of great musicians talking about the Pixies...  David Bowie, Bono, Thom York, Johnny Greenwood, PJ Harvey, Blur, Badly Drawn Boy, Travis, Gavin Rossdale, and a bunch of british journalists all talk at length about the band's overall influence, the uniquity of each member, and each album...
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Film Student

"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

bonanzataz

yeah, and my friend yelled at me today when i said the pixies. he was like, god, it's just pixies, what are you an idiot. and i said, hey fuck you, it's the music i like not the band name. and he was like, gosh! i know so much more than you! URGHHHH! don't you just hate that?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: bonanzatazyeah, and my friend yelled at me today when i said the pixies. he was like, god, it's just pixies, what are you an idiot. and i said, hey fuck you, it's the music i like not the band name. and he was like, gosh! i know so much more than you! URGHHHH! don't you just hate that?

the
def.art.
1.      a.  Used before singular or plural nouns and noun phrases that denote particular, specified persons or things: the baby; the dress I wore.
        c.  Used to indicate uniqueness: the Prince of Wales; the moon.
        g.  Used before a proper name, as of a monument or ship: the Alamo; the Titanic.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.