Air

Started by matt35mm, April 24, 2004, 04:18:22 PM

matt35mm

I couldn't find anything on Air's newest album, Talkie Walkie, on here.

It's great--I love it.  And a bonus that I wasn't aware of is that "Alone in Kyoto," a great piece of the Lost in Translation score that Air did, is at the end of this album.

coffeebeetle

I agree...this is a fantastic album.  I think it's an excellent car ride album.  :-D
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

MacGuffin

Air to Release Album Inspired by Silent French Film From 1902
Le Voyage Dans La Lune to feature Beach House and Au Revoir Simone
Source: Pitchfork

French dream-pop outfit Air are set to release an album on February 7 through Astralwerks, their first since 2009's Love 2. Titled Le Voyage Dans La Lune after Georges Méliès' 1902 silent short French film by the same name, it's an expansion of a project they worked on earlier this year. (The duo provided music for an updated version of Méliès' film for its debut at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.)

The record features lyrics and vocals from Beach House's Victoria Legrand on a song called "Seven Stars" and lyrics written by Au Revoir Simone on the track "Who Am I Now? The release will include a limited-edition version of the short film and Air's original score. Here's the tracklist:
Le Voyage Dans La Lune:

01 Astronomic Club
02 Seven Stars
03 Retour sur terre
04 Parade
05 Moon Fever
06 Sonic Armada
07 Who Am I Know?
08 Décollage
09 Cosmic Trip
10 Homme lune
11 Lava
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

This is exciting.

is one of the best tracks ever made.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Fernando