Al Green

Started by OmegaSlacker, November 03, 2003, 11:55:14 PM

OmegaSlacker

One of the most underrated (or maybe just under-credited) soul singers. He always gets lost in the shuffle of things when people start talking about Barry White and Marvin Gaye.

His version of Unchained Melody is off the charts in the way he delivers the vocals. A lot of people use his style of music to get someone into bed and if anyone used his rendition of Unchained Melody on a random fling - well, that's just criminal. A song with that type of feeling should be saved only for someone you love.

I'm looking forward to his newest release, which is supposedly a step back to his old style. No gospel, no new R&B style - just straight old school Al Green style.
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Pedro

saw him live recently.

suffers from "percy sledge syndrome"  he's too old to sing anymore  :(  and has an even worse backing band
but back then, he was amazing.

freakerdude

Al Green, Marvin Gaye, and Barry White on the changer are bound to get you some hoochie coochie.
MC Pee Pants

Sigur Rós

Al Green is ma' man. When I'm in da mood fo' some hot lovin' I always but 'let's stay together' on da stereo n' shit.