Buddy Guy and the Blue

Started by kotte, October 27, 2003, 04:33:18 PM

kotte

Just saw him play...Buddy Guy rocks...

Do you know any other bluesers?? Except BB King and Clapton...

SoNowThen

Muddy Waters
Howlin' Wolf
Robert Johnson
John Lee Hooker
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

RORY GALLAGHER

and what little I've heard of Son House is great too
I like to hug dogs

freakerdude

If you want Buddy Guy type stuff, then there aren't many who can shred like him. Albert Collins is one who can tear it up like Buddy. My older favorites are Albert King who can make that guitar sing! Stevie Ray Vaughn idolized and styled his playing after Albert. When I first heard Albert King, I thought HE sounded like SRV. Together, they have an album they recorded that is real loose, only in the fact that there is dialogue between the two of them in between songs. It's called Albet King with SRV In Session.

I really like Muddy Waters and Willie Dixon. Willie wrote a lot of popular songs and were re-recorded include Zep's I Can't Quit You Baby, You Shook Me, and Bring It On Home. Other popular songs are Hoochie Coochie Man and The Same Thing (ABB), I Just Want To Make Love To You (Foghat), Spoonful (Allman Joys), Little Red Rooster (Hendrix), and Back Door Man (Doors).  Robert Johnson was around for the birth of the blues in 1937 and it was just him and his guitar.....very raw sound but hardcore feeling. He learned from Son House, I believe. You kind of have to work your way down the time table of the blues b/c it gets very simplistic and you kind of lose the feel for it.

Robert Cray, Taj Mahal, and Keb Mo are good but I don't listen to them.
MC Pee Pants

blackmamba