Stone Temple Pilots man arrested arrested on drugs rap

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 20, 2003, 11:46:43 AM

Jack Sparrow

from nme.com:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman SCOTT WEILAND was arrested in LOS ANGELES on Sunday May 18 on allegations of drug possession.

He was stopped by police in the early hours of Sunday on a minor traffic violation, and officers found substances which they suspected to be drugs, according to MTV. A 29-year-old woman who was with him was also arrested.

It is not clear which substances Weiland is alleged to have been in possession of, but a police spokesperson told MTV that the charges could relate to anything "from cocaine and heroin to Vicodin".

The 35-year-old, who has a long history of struggling with drug abuse, had been enrolled in drug rehab programmes.

Recently, he has been singing with The Project, an outfit featuring former Guns N' Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. They recorded a cover of Pink Floyd's 'Money' for the soundtrack of 'The Italian Job' remake, and a new song, 'Set Me Free', which features in 'The Hulk'.

Weiland was released on $10,000 bail, and is scheduled to be arraigned at Court on June 2.

Dirk

I feel sorry for this guy. No matter how hard he tries to give up, it's just ain't happening  :?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

European Son

I think this pretty much signals the end of STP. With the DeLeo brothers doing producing projects and Scott in trouble again, I think it's going to be over. There's only so much you can tolerate as fellow bandmembers, you know? I expect a formal announcement of the bands demise to come in about 6 months.

Sick Boy

Quote from: European SonI think this pretty much signals the end of STP. With the DeLeo brothers doing producing projects and Scott in trouble again, I think it's going to be over. There's only so much you can tolerate as fellow bandmembers, you know? I expect a formal announcement of the bands demise to come in about 6 months.

Maybe they'll just get together during Scott's sober periods.  I saw them when they opened for the Chili Peppers a while back and they were great.  And the Gn'R guys really have a knack for picking stable front men don't they!!