Calexico

Started by Sigur Rós, April 28, 2003, 12:12:39 PM

Sigur Rós

I've been listening to there new album "Feast of Wire" for about a week now, and it just gets better and better! I highly recommend it to you all. If you like mariachimusik and old westernfilms you will love this.

RegularKarate

Obviously not much Calexico love here, but I went to the Austin City Limits taping for them last night and they were AMAZINGLY good.  I've listened to them off an on for a few years now, but never bought any albums or anything, but despite the fact that I was unfamiliar with about half the songs, I was really impressed.  Once this airs, you should really try to catch it.

Iron and Wine came out for a couple songs too... including a Velvet Underground cover.

squints

I love me some Calexico. A Feast of Wire is a masterpiece. Saddly i haven't heard anything newer
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

The Perineum Falcon

I saw them last December in Atlanta when they came with I&W. A constant, four hour show. It was amazing.
I'd never heard any of their stuff, but I was impressed with what they'd played.
I've planned, since then, to get a hold of some of their albums, but just got sidetracked with others and, eventually, forgot.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I love "Alone Again, Or" and "Crystal Frontier (Widescreen Version)."
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye