X2

Started by underdog, May 06, 2003, 02:47:47 AM

RegularKarate

The claws are liquid inside his body... they solidify when they come out

cowboykurtis

Quote from: RegularKarateThe claws are liquid inside his body... they solidify when they come out

kind of like a boner.
...your excuses are your own...

Raikus

Quote from: RegularKarateThe claws are liquid inside his body... they solidify when they come out

What gave you that idea? Everything I ever read seems to mean they are always solid, they just retract up into his forearm. And the distance from your wrist to your elbow is pretty long, about the length of his claws. Don't they even show an x-ray in the original movie with his claw retracted and them being in his forearm?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

X2 HAWAII GAG REEL/BLOOPERS DESCRIPTION!!

Superhero Hype! has a report from Hawaii with the exact details on the gag reel that was shown during the X2 Q&A. Will we see any of this on the DVD? Details below:

They were GREAT and Shawn Ashmore and Bryan were the nicest of nice dudes. Got a chance to talk to the bunch for a little while afterward. As far as the golden question of X3, the 2 writers said "hey, we're on vacation dude... " but said yeah-that's a no-brainer. As for Bryan, it's one of those things that, you spend so long on making this movie-deal with all the stress of it and it's finally finished. The last thing you want to even think about is doing that all over again. After some time to refresh yourself, breathe and chill out for a while--at that point, it would be much easier to say yeah. Obviously, he put much into the series and wanted to be involved in it's continuing growth.

(Since the other poster didn't post the details of the reel, here are the details) of Bryan Singer's Xtra special X2 gag reel! I'm PRAYING this thing makes the DVD... but due to language and "play acting," I highly doubt they could as much of it is "R" rated fun. Here's a rundown in no particular order:

1. film crew playing with Nightcrawler's tail in a disturbing fashion

2. Mystique and Magneto (during the campfire scene) very sexually dining on a hotdog, one on each end... (yes, they were blowing a hotdog from both ends)

3. the scene with Hugh's sister and the wall of ice during the X-Mansion attack scene... it's SO scary how much she looks like him! she's doing the scene with angst, and the real Wolvie comes up behind her and says, "let it go, you have to let it go" (refering to her Wolvie rage)

4. a great collage of each cast member yelling "FUCK!!!"

5. Brian Cox's scene with Senator Kelly (the whole black ops while you were sucking on your momma's ***).. instead, he improv's it says something to the affect of "i was running black ops while you were busy sitting your mommas face" (and continued to demean Kelly, with other lewd comments)... the entire cast couldn't stop laughing.

6. Brian Cox messing up his lines in the white house as he's walking with Kelly Hu, and first he said "shit!" does the scene again and says "shit! I can't believe I said that!" then finally screws up again and says "ah fuck!" (like shit wasn't bad enough)

7. Mystique spanking the guard while in the toliet stall with a very long, pink, phallic thing (and enjoying it!)

8. Rogue, Bobby and Pyro running in the mansion during the invasion just to find a huge birthday cake which suprised the hell oughta them.

9. Wolverine doing his gay broadway walk into Cerebro saying (in a sing-song fashion), "Prooooofessoooor, I'm home!" and Patrick Stewart just playing right along like a couple of gay guys!

10. Wolverine in the tent, as Mystique's lying on him-he pulls a condom out during the scene... AND while each gal is lying ontop of him during the morph/Mystique scene, he finally grab Anna's face and plants a big wet one on her and looks at the camera and doing his best Austin Powers "yeah baby!"

11. During the scene where Stryker shows the President photos of the X Mansion, they changed the photos to Ian and Patrick acting like a couple of drag queens!

12. More swearing, and lots of it.

13. Bloopers with Wovlie and Stryker as he's pinned to the helicopter.

14. Everyone dancing in a little jig like fashion (even Cyclops)

15. In response to Storm saying something in the X-Jet, Jean answers by saying "storm are you smoking crack" while Halle adds another "fuck" to the ongoing tally due to the fact the scene was ruined thanks to the crack comment ;)

16. During Stryker's scene in the plastic prison, he sat on the plastic table to interrogate Magneto, but about 2/3 times he kept slipping off and kept bitching that it wasn't sturdy--each time, Ian looks directly into the camera and mouths "amateur" about Stryker's failure :)

17. Wheelchair derby fun with Singer and Stewart in the mansion

18. the scene where Logan sticks the guys foot and then claws him for good, he did the whole scene with a couple of those 99 cent XRAY eys

19. During the pivotal White House scene at the end, where everyone is looking all buff and serious while addressing the president (the side shot of everyone)... where most of the room is black... the Oval office door opens... all the X-Men start turning to look who the hell opened the door... and it's none other then JEAN GREY! she says "excuse me" until she stands next to Scott and tells the president, "sorry I'm late, hi, I'm Jean Grey." Logan then tells her he saved her a spot next to him and she says, if he didn't mind she wants to be next to her fiance.

20. Shot of the Logan in the Blackbird practicing Beserker Rage and yelling "FUUCK" and then making the slicing claw sounds himself.

21. During the scene where Jean telepathically pushes Mags and Mystique out of the way to avoid the optic blast-poor Ian actually acted too well and ended up talking out the camera guy sitting on the floor. Based on the sounds that followed-it was obvious someone got hurt :)

22. During the scene where Bobby cools Logan's soda... he starts slowly licking the rim of the bottle, gazing at Logan. Logan starts rubbing the top of the bottle with his pinky!

Next, during the scene Logan is in bed (where he has the adamantium/weapon x flashbacks), he starts moaning Bobby's name and looking very excited!

The best thing about the reel, beside all the funny crude moments... it really proved these guys/girls are family and had an incredible time together.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Fox will release the two-disc edition of X2 on September 17th according to DVD Answers.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Superhero Hype has tentative details on the upcoming DVD to the sequel currently headed for a Sept/Oct release.

Disc 1 features the film in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 surround sound, some on-set featurettes, along with two commentary tracks with Director Bryan Singer & the producers on one, Singer and various cast members on the other. Most interesting is eleven deleted scenes, though which of the following titles they will be is unsure right now: Professor Xavier and Cyclops return, Fight in the mall, Extended Wolverine/Deathstrike, Nightcrawler's Mark, Rogue/Bobby talk about Pyro, Mystique File Stealing Sequence, Jean and Storm scene in the X-Jet, Rogue helps kids during mansion raid, Extended Colossus/X-Kids Scene, Wolverine enters the 'Danger Room' door, Alternate Opening Sequence & Camp Scene, Professor X's Victory.
On Disc 2 there's five featurettes ("Return of the Mutants", "Mutant Effects", "X2: The Cast", "Reflections", "Future of the X-Men"), video of the press conference, an on-set making of special , an HBO: First Look special, 4 Trailers, 7 TV Spots, Art Gallery, Animatics and Easter Eggs. Early details of the international version however indicate the commentary and the featurettes may not be present on those discs.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

X2 on DVD November 25!
Source: Superhero Hype

Amazon.com is now taking pre-orders for the X2 DVD hitting stores on November 25.

modage

oops, thats 4 posts in a row.  i guess no one could care less about the x2 dvd.

Sleuth

HEY, DON'T SAY THAT

People do care

Thank you so much dude, thanks a lot, I love you
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: tremoloslothHEY, DON'T SAY THAT

People do care

Thank you so much dude, thanks a lot, I love you

*(feels better, wipes away tears.)

Ravi

I saw this on Saturday and I liked it.  Good action and special effects, and the humor is actually funny.  The fridge shot with Wolverine was probably the most interesting I've seen in a long time.

Banky

I was reading Wizard Magazine and they listed the best 50 comic movies of all time.  I thought it was interesting that x2 was number one.  I agree with the choice i just figured they would say spiderman.

RegularKarate

SUPERMAN!  Superman is the best comic movie ever made...

you kids

oakmanc234

I vote either 'Batman' or 'Batman Returns'. 'X2' is fucking good, though.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Sleuth

I'm going with X2.
I like to hug dogs