Premiere Text Question

Started by zerocool41, April 29, 2004, 09:08:56 PM

zerocool41

Here's the issue...

I want to make text appear on the screen a letter at the type, as though you were watching someone's computer screen overlapping the frame...I guess this is something to do with a title..but i'm not sure how to do it...I want it to appear as though you are reading on the screen what the person is typing.  

Help
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

ReelHotGames

are you using premiere or after effects?

AE would make this much simpler, but if you are using premiere:

Use the title feature, you're going to have to create each title a letter at a time then place it in the shot at the point you want to expose each letter, you'll have control over each letter's placement and movement individually.

That's if you use the title feature, you can of course always film a screen where someone is actually typing and then overlay it and giev it the opaqueness desired, but it all depends on the look you are going for.

If you want detailed details, pm me with detailed questions about the style and look you need and desired effect, i'll help as much as i can.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

zerocool41

Can you film a computer screen and have it not come out all messed up?? I was pretty sure that's the effect i've gotten...

And the title feature...how do i make one title run into the next title(letter) without having one letter disappear to allow the next to appear...?

Raikus

Quote from: zerocool41Can you film a computer screen and have it not come out all messed up?? I was pretty sure that's the effect i've gotten...
Not on a CRT screen. That's the screen's resolution from the tube that promotes the flickering. You can do it if you have a LCD flatscreen monitor. They use liquid crystal so there's no resolution flicker.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

It's not the resolution, it's the refresh rate.

If you set your refresh rate to 60hz, you should be fine.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

zerocool41

and where do i change the refresh rate?