Finally saw PDL

Started by Fernando, April 26, 2003, 12:50:27 AM

Fernando

WOW, what a film. I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed; though I avoided for months reading about PDL I however saw that Adam was highly praised around here for his performance, and thought it was all an exageration just because it was a PTA film, god I was wrong, he was really amazing, he can act that's for sure, and all credit goes (of course) to PTA for seeing in Sandler what others couldn't (or what I couldn't).

And the film, well, just incredible, got to see it again before is replaced by X2.

Music: Superb
Lighing: Beautiful
Script: Inventive
Direction: Masterful

Also loved Mary Lynn Rajskub performance, I hope PTA casts her again sometime.

Wait is over, most replay the film in my head.

I know there are tons of threads about this, but sorry I just wanted to express it right away and was lazy to look for them.

budgie

Quote from: Fernando
I know there are tons of threads about this, but sorry I just wanted to express it right away and was lazy to look for them.

:yabbse-angry:

It wasn't far to look. Ugh, I hate these loner threads.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: budgie

Be nice! Mr. "I've got Brad Pitt on my avatar and that makes me cool"  :-D

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur RósMr.
totally

Ghostboy

I wish I could see PDL again for the first time.

Fernando

Quote from: GhostboyI wish I could see PDL again for the first time.

Oh yes, it was fantastic, I know the feeling.

Not that I'm bragging or anything but the place I saw it is one of those old one screen big theaters, do you know the one in Washington DC that has two floors? Can't remember the name, it's very nice but in this one the screen is even bigger and the sound quality is amazing.

Keener

I was the only person in the audience who liked it when I went. The 2 kids in the front called it, and I quote, "gay". The elderly couple beside me asked "What kinda ending is that ?!" and 20 minutes into the movie a couple walked out. Oh well. I dug it. Can't wait for the DVD.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Fernando

Quote from: KeenerI was the only person in the audience who liked it when I went. The 2 kids in the front called it, and I quote, "gay". The elderly couple beside me asked "What kinda ending is that ?!" and 20 minutes into the movie a couple walked out. Oh well. I dug it. Can't wait for the DVD.

One of the girls that came with me said it had no plot, and why the hell always wore the suit.

Ernie

Quote from: budgie
Quote from: Fernando

:yabbse-angry:

Are you seriously mad or are you just kidding? Cause if you're really mad about this then you need to get a life...I'm sorry but seriously. And no, I don't have a life either but...you know, it's crazy.

Personally, I'm happy for the guy...glad he finally saw it, it's a damn shame he had to wait so long. For enduring that wait he more than deserves to start his own thread about it.

MrBurgerKing

why defend fernando? I don't think he's offended, especially by someone who has brad pitt in their avatar (just so they can look cool)

Mellow Fellow

Most audience members dont like because they're squares. I remember when I saw it the first time, me and my friends (all loved it) were in the elevator going downstairs and this middle aged couple said to us "was that the worst movie you ever saw?" i wanted to punch her in the face. fortunately i controlled that urge and said "why no, we all loved it" and she didnt talk the rest of the way. damn squares
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

budgie

Being slapped around like this is a new experience for me. I like it. Kinda tickles.

MrBurgerKing

you're like the drive-through worker who got fired but came back to work the next day.. and the next.. and every day for a month. the manager didn't notice until he asked for a raise.. never ask for a raise.

neatahwanta

Quote from: ebeaman69Are you seriously mad or are you just kidding?

Half way kidding I assume, but the mods here always had an anal retentive guidelines about having only one thread for each topic, compared to other message boards at least.  All you can do it get used to it.

(Just calling it as I see it.)

Hell, this topic is probably being locked as I type.

*hoping it will post*

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: budgieBeing slapped around like this is a new experience for me. I like it. Kinda tickles.

Where does it tickle? :lol: