Worst DVD ever

Started by Pas, June 12, 2003, 09:18:27 PM

Pas

For me, this is definietly the Memento Special Edition DVD. Don't get me wrong, it has tons of cool features...if you can find them. I look at the list (including easter eggs) and I haven't found half. Those who have seen it will understand hoe messy and frustrating the navigation is. If you just want to watch the movie, it's not so bad. But when you get to the features you're taken through a series of dumb question that leads to different path depending on your answer. Good concept, bad execution.

Anyway, what's yours ?

Ghostboy

I agree with you completely. I'd rather have no extra features than the headache I got trying to navigate those menus. What a pain.

But on that note, a lot of the DVDs I have with no extra features are still cool in my book, since the movies are usually so good. Mulholland Drive or The Pledge or Buffalo 66 are all movies I would have loved to have seen a few features on...but the movies are the main reason I bought them in the first place, so it's all good.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BoothThose who have seen it will understand hoe messy and frustrating the navigation is.

Not if you have this.

My most disappointing DVD is probably "The Matrix". While the extras are fine, the commentary track is awful; filled with too much tech talk and not enough set antedotes. Carrie Anne Moss seems to disappear/keep silent for about an hour of the commentary. And then there's the cheap, cardboard snap case it comes in.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

I'll say that shitty old cheap release of Lang's Metropolis. Bad features can be disappointing, but if the transfer itself is awful, the whole DVD is worthless.

It's so nice to have the deluxe Metropolis now...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pas

Quote from: MacGuffin
Not if you have this.

Thanks a lot ! That'll help !

first release of pulp fiction...

No Interactive Menus
No Scene Selection
Just the movie...
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

bonanzataz

i had menus and scene selection on mine. don't know where you got yours.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffinAnd then there's the cheap, cardboard snap case it comes in.
i'msorrywhat

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

amacmuffinsaysasphinctersayswhat

MacGuffin

asphinxfriendsayswhat

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

asphinxlinkersezwut

Cecil

knock it off you two

anyway, i really hate the lost highway dvd. it doesnt bother me that much because i love the film, but its in pan & scan and the quality is worst than vhs (well its about the same as vhs but the blacks are worse). i think thats the shittiest i own, maybe aside from i spit on your grave, but for some reason youd expect it from that.

i hear that the dementia 13 dvd is really crappy, and that you see the actual tape tangle up near the end or something like that.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi think thats the shittiest i own, maybe aside from i spit on your grave, but for some reason youd expect it from that.

Which version do you own? They came out with a Millennium Edition not too long ago that has two commentary tracks. One by Meir Zarchi and the other by Joe Bob Briggs. The Meir one is great; he has a lot of stories to tell about making the film.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

no i have the no-extras one. i want to hear those commentaries, blast it.

EDIT: i dont understand why the millenium edition sells for less than the barebones edition. whats that about?