What is your favourite David Fincher-film?

Started by Spike, May 11, 2003, 05:10:32 AM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Keener
Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMani still say that fight club was made for the fred dursts of the world

As a Fight Club fan, I'm totally offended by that.

keener i take it back then, because i think your a cool dude and we both think qt is da fucking man

ok then, lets just say a lot of fred durst types really love this film

and it is his fav film

Keener

I think being compared to Fred Durst is the worst insult you can throw at someone. Yes, even worse than Faggy McHomoqueer.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

yeah but do you think fight club is better then jackie brown

Keener

I'm afraid I miss the point of that question.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Alethia

se7en and the game -- i really hated fight club.

Quote from: KeenerI'm afraid I miss the point of that question.

which film do you enjoy better

or which is a better made film

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phil Marlowefight club is one of the most overrated movie ever and does nothing to me at all.

I just don't know a good movie when you see one!  :wink:

rustinglass

The Game and seven are tied for me but G very slightly better.
I never thought of fight club as a great film, noir had I ever met someone who did, so I'm pretty surprised to fing this thread in that way.
I never saw panic room

edit-I really like the FC soundtrack though :)
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

BonBon85

Blasphemous things being said about Fight Club = proof that budgie's been away from the board for too long.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BonBon85Blasphemous things being said about Fight Club = proof that budgie's been away from the board for too long.

:yabbse-cry:  :cry:  Far too long.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Q Lazzarus

I think that 'The Game' was the better of his films, simply because of the lighting and the way in which it was so Finch-esque, as it truly seemed to be something he expressed, rather than a book (FC) or continuation of a series of films (A3)....
"I've been rewriting the same song for a long time.  Except my bullshit is worth other people's diamonds. And diamonds are a girl's best friend."
-Lou Reed

ono

Fight Club is by far Fincher's best film, and I fully believe it's one of the best films ever made.

I can also see, though, why some people simply were affected by it.  It's easy to miss or misinterpret what it's trying to say, and there are many different things to get from it.  But that, IMO, is why I think it's brilliant on so many different levels.

The Game just annoyed me.  I felt like a yo-yo watching that thing.  I thought it was going to be a clever commentary on society, but as it turns out, it was just a game (pun intended :-P).

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaFight Club is by far Fincher's best film, and I fully believe it's one of the best films ever made.

I can also see, though, why some people simply were affected by it.  It's easy to miss or misinterpret what it's trying to say, and there are many different things to get from it.  But that, IMO, is why I think it's brilliant on so many different levels.

The Game just annoyed me.  I felt like a yo-yo watching that thing.  I thought it was going to be a clever commentary on society, but as it turns out, it was just a game (pun intended :-P).

Oh please!!! The Game was one of his best (I think Se7en was his best); Fight Club couldn't decide what it wanted to say, and had one of the corniest endings ever! The first half of the film showed potential, but then it all went downhill after that.
And you say Fight Club is one of the best movies of all time???
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

children with angels

I think the movie wanted to leave it up to the audience. It's not that it "didn't know what it wanted to say", in my opinion. I think it shows you two extreme ways of looking at life, then ends up in a place where you have to reject both and make your own decision about what is the best way for you. I could never see the ending as corny - I think it's wonderfully ambiguous - one of my favourite final images of a movie (not the penis).
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Alethia

watched it again to perhaps find something redeemable past the forty minute mark, but no - i still think it's terrible