Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reel

Thrindle was always such a cunt

Thrindle

I love the word cunt.  :)
Classic.

polkablues

Holy crap, Reelist's terrible plan is actually working.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Thrindle

Not sure calling me a cunt would bring me back...

However, it's almost time to start seeking scriptwriting advice.  (If I ever get some balls and actually write it.)

Cheers all!
Classic.

polkablues

What sort of misogynistic slurs is it going to take?  You trollop!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

It's time to call in the big guns.

Quick someone transcribe everything Clive Owen says in Closer.
under the paving stones.

Reel

Quote from: Thrindle on July 04, 2012, 02:34:05 PM
Not sure calling me a cunt would bring me back...

I wasn't calling you a cunt. I was being a cunt to elicit a response from you, our very valued poster. Consider it like a term of endearment.

Thrindle

It's actually odd that you revived this thread... I was thinking about "Ask Thrindle" recently...

I'm almost scared to re-read where my head was at, at that time.  ;)

What became of everyone?  Did anyone manage to "make it" in the film industry?  (I certainly hope so!)
Classic.

kotte

I just re-read.

Shoot me.

EDIT: I know the meaning of "making it" has changed for me. When I joined ten years ago I wanted to write and direct. Anything short of that would be a failure. Today I work consistently as a camera assistant and operator on features and commercials, and I definitely consider myself having made it. But each to her own.