Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: SiliasRubySiliasRuby...AKA Mikey B...It oh now the people on here know my name...
Ask your new girlfriend to buy you a keyboard with a 'backspace' key.
What I was trying to do was pull of the cute bashful side of me; guess it didn't work.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Thrindle

Quote from: SiliasRubyWhat I was trying to do was pull of the cute bashful side of me; guess it didn't work.
No, it was good times.  That's just Cinephile's way of showing affection.   :wink:

Quote from: SiliasRubyDo you have a list a things you want to do before you leave this earth?
I used to have big dreams.  Elaborate plans of life in the South of France.  I used to imagine myself as editor of Vanity Fair magazine.  I used to see myself with money and class and success and style.  
I was always told that I'd do great things in my life, but somehow I never quite believed them.  It is not that I lack ambition, it is just that my idea of life success has changed.  No longer do I monitor a life well lived by the amount of power and money one has attained.  In fact, I rarely "put myself in the future" because I'm learning to embrace the present (not let any of those negative stories with a future setting, creep in).  There's something in me that only believes in the moment.  Our memories are cheap we can never truly recall the past, and we can never grasp the future.  That's the Universe's way of making us live, now.  
So what do I want to do before I die?
I want to have a couple true friends.  People that love me, and that I love.
I want to have a secure relationship with somone, I want a companion, and a marriage.
I want a job that makes me feel worthwhile.  A job that creates light in the world instead of adding to the darkness.
I want my voice to be heard one day on issues I feel are important.
I do want to drink coffee in France, and tan on the beaches of Spain, and eat real Italian food in Italy.
I want to be content with my life and enjoy the little things.
I want to live life peacefully and not rush and worry all the time.
I want to discover a talent or passion that I have... that I didn't know was there.
I want to live with GT in Sumas, or become an American if that's what it takes  :cry:
Hehehe, and one day I want to take dance classes and learn to really move like a sexy vixen.

Quote from: SiliasRubyEven though you are a Elvis Woman what Beatles tunes do you listen to on occasion?
"All You Need is Love"
"Ticket to Ride"

Quote from: SiliasRubyIf you had to be in film business, what profession would you most likely choose?
An actress of Meryl Streep quality.   8)

Quote from: SiliasRubyPlease choose a certain character from a film or a character from pop culture history that you think defines who you are as a human being...Either that or...
What character from a movie or a character from pop culture history would you like be interested in being if you had the chance?....
I'm really not good at this one.  It reminds me of when I was asked if I had a hero... and I realised that I have none.
There was a time when I would have been a little bit of Marilyn.  Damaged and beautiful.
Then there's a little of Susan Sarandon.  Activist and strong willed woman.
Then perhaps a dash of Drew Barrymore.  On the quest, and a little bit corny.
For good measure I want a touch of Sophia Loren.  Sensuality and class.

Quote from: SiliasRubyAnd the screenwriter in me would like to know if you would object to having me write a monologue one woman show based on your ideas that you have expressed in this thread? (I would message you the final monologue before doing anything with it of course).
OBJECT?!   :shock:   No... more like so flattered I can barely type.  Wow... please make her flawed, completely flawed...
Seriously though, do it up.  I'm honored and undeserving.
Classic.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Thrindle
I want to have a couple true friends.  People that love me, and that I love.
I want to have a secure relationship with somone, I want a companion, and a marriage.
I want a job that makes me feel worthwhile.  A job that creates light in the world instead of adding to the darkness.
I want my voice to be heard one day on issues I feel are important.
I do want to drink coffee in France, and tan on the beaches of Spain, and eat real Italian food in Italy.
I want to be content with my life and enjoy the little things.
I want to live life peacefully and not rush and worry all the time.
I want to discover a talent or passion that I have... that I didn't know was there.
I want to live with GT in Sumas, or become an American if that's what it takes  :cry:
Hehehe, and one day I want to take dance classes and learn to really move like a sexy vixen.

Have any of those been checked off your list?

Quote from: Thrindle
Please make her flawed, completely flawed...
Will do but it will take a while. I'll let you know when it is finished. I've been kicking around a couple of titles in my head but if you have any suggestions be sure to let me know.

Sincerely,

With Much Respect And Happiness,

SiliasRuby
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Why don't and GT stop by sometime? (I live in Michigan and I remember GT saying he lived in Michigan, but I could be wrong)

And here are more small questions to pick your brain.

Favorite game show?

Favorite snack?

Favorite Scooby-Doo character?

Favorite Kubrick movie?

Other than this, what thread do you check most regularly?

Is the glass half full, or half empty?

What was the last fight you were in like?

What's the worst storm you've ever been in?

Do you listen or wait to talk?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

matt35mm

Gosh, we're gonna end up knowing this woman better than we know our mothers.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Good thinking, Matt.

Thrindle, will you be my mother?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: SiliasRubyHave any of those been checked off your list?
I'm fairly content with the little things in my life... and GT seems like a sure bet... but other than that, I have a lot of things yet to accomplish.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhy don't and GT stop by sometime? (I live in Michigan and I remember GT saying he lived in Michigan, but I could be wrong)
Sigh,  GT does live in Michigan... I, however, live in British Columbia Canada.  It is a 40 hour drive from Michigan...  opposite ends of the spectrum.  And due to circumstances... when we want to make a go of this, one of us has to forfeit their native country.  I'm so proud to be Canadian... but it looks like I'll be the one leaving.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobFavorite game show?
I detest gameshows.  I remember my sister loving them when I was younger (oh god, the Price is Right!) and I would just lose my mind with boredom.  I always thought that the people on them were sort of pathetic.  Don't really know why.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobFavorite snack?
Green Olives, Salt and Vinegar Chips, Baba Ganouj and French Bread...  YUMMY!

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobFavorite Scooby-Doo character?
Shaggy.  I just love the name.   :P

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobFavorite Kubrick movie?
The Shining.  Love it.  

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobOther than this, what thread do you check most regularly?
I really like the Caption Thread.  It makes me laugh.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobIs the glass half full, or half empty?
Today the glass is half empty.  I'll indicate Thrindle's neuroses.  You see... I take these pleasant little pills every day that make me... mmm... perky.  Truth is, I fight depression and anxiety, and these pills make it so I'm not having panic attacks while driving, and listening to depressing music until 4am until I finally nod off and am dreaming about how worthless and useless life is anyways.   Lately I've been feeling so good, I've been forgetting to take them.  Today I crashed a little.  Ah, but one "side effect" of the crash, is being able to write excessively well, and have the sex drive of a sixteen year old boy.  Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to take this urge out on, so I'm typing far too much information into the Ask Thrindle thread.
Yes... I will be going back on the meds.  Cheers.
The glass is half empty.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhat was the last fight you were in like?
I had a family war the other day.  I went "unconcious" and reacted to something my dad said.  I got really mad and started yelling and cursing.  That hasn't happened in soooooooooo long.  It was odd.  Note to Thrindle, think before freaking.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhat's the worst storm you've ever been in?
I was in a house boat in the middle of Shuswap Lake.  It was thunder and lightning, and our engine was dead.  I thought we were going to die.  I was 9 years old and was petrified of boats for years after that.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobDo you listen or wait to talk?
Sometimes I get so excited that I'm an interrupter.  Other times I'm so quiet and content with just listening that people think I've tuned out.  I think I'm a healthy mix of both.
Classic.

Gold Trumpet

Just one for now:

Will women ever able to be as promiscious as men with sex and maintain social and also self respect?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

You still haven't said if you'll be my mother or not.

Chest Rockwell

OK, so I'm young (11th grade) as you already know. I've been dating this girl for a while now and I seriously feel my happiest when with her and hate to even imagine the possibility of either of us leaving. Good thing is I think she feels the same way, or close to it. With that said, my question, ore or less, is how do I know when I love her? It's been 3 months today, and I've said the three words to her before. It was at her house and we were with each other embracing, making out and all around enjoying each other, and for the last few hours of my being there I had been trying to say it, then finally a minute before I leave I embrace her from behind and say softly in her ear 'Danielle, I love you' in a pleading, desperate way that shows I hate to leave her. But then she said it back to me in a light-hearted way, and it sounded rather mocking. I'm changing questions: as I type this I know I love her, but now what I'm asking is am I in over my head? I don't know how seriously she takes this relationship (I can't see her being terribly upset if it were to end), but am I, at 16, too young to be constantly thinking of her like this?

Oh, and I remember asking you one time, how do I know when I've gone too far (with a girl)? and you responded that she'll push away or something like that. Well so one time I impressed my self in my boldness and during one visit was able to go up her shirt, and then, get this, get one breast naked. The thing is, after I got it nude and was so proud of myself/turned on she pressed really close to me, which I at first thought meant something good, but I soon realized she was just trying to keep me from seeing her exposed breast (and I wasn't able to). So is this a normal reaction, or should I never try this again? I think she might have inwardly rejected my boldness, but didn't want to make it uncomfortable by telling me to stop. Just a theory. Anyway, what are your opinions?

Alethia

take this scenario:

a girl, rather small - her boyfriend, rather big (in a good way however).  this makes attempts at sex for them rather futile aka it just doesnt work.  many attempts have been made with just a little progress but alas it has not worked out yet.  i am too big and she is too small.  i think you get the picture lol it is a very emotionally turbulent thing, especially given the fact that all our friends (the couples, who havent been dating for nearly as long) are all having sex and feeling grown up and mature and cool and blah blah blah. we try try try but it still hasnt worked yet.  like i said, some progress, but its very slow and abnormal and - i have no idea, i am torn.  ive been reading through this thread and i thought id ask or i dont even know what im asking, i just thought id post it and see what you had to say because you seem really cool and smart and plus the fact that you don't know me personally is a plus lol but i dont know...i realize how young and naive and stupid this scenario is but it is my life at the moment and i am young and naive and stupid so, i dunno....if you have anything at all to say about it id love to hear it, cuz i certainly havent worked up enough courage to talk to anyone about it face to face.

ono

Not to step on Thrindle's toes or anything, here, but I thought I'd interject.  eward - there's a lot to be said for a lot of foreplay and a lot of lube.  Make sure she's relaxed and comfortable, too.  That's the best you can hope for.  For some girls it is gonna hurt at first.  Nothing you can do to avoid it, but you can ameliorate it.  I say take a nice long visit to Shady Thicket for a visit with Colonel Angus.

And as for Chest's problem, it just makes me sort of glad I'm not 16 anymore.  I'd just say to you, Chest, you're just lucky to have a relationship like that, so just enjoy it, and don't analyze it too much.  You probably are in over your head, but that's not a bad thing.  Just how it is.  When we're in high school, we all think we're gonna know these people forever.  But that is only three or four years of your life.  When you're that age, it seems like a lot, but it's not, and most of the time, people move on.  So, roll with it.  You've done what you can, really, so just relax.  She's probably just as nervous as you about the sex thing, so just try to make her comfortable, and COMMUNICATE with her.  I mean, she is your friend, right, so that should be easy?  And watch the end of American Beauty.  You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure.  But don't worry.  You will someday.

Thrindle

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWill women ever able to be as promiscuous as men with sex and maintain social and also self respect?
Off Topic Rant:  So I'm looking at The National Post newspaper today.  I look at the cover.  There are a bunch of cheerleaders for the beach volleyball Olympic event in Athens.  The headline is something like "T&A in Athens" then the caption says something to the effect of "Greek cheerleaders provide eye candy for the Olympic Games"...  I just frowned and shook my head.  Out of all that is news in this world, that is what was on the cover.  How far have women come?  Not far enough.
Until the mindset of society changes, women will never be respected for their promiscuity.  They will never have the respect gained from being the virginal bride.  It's really that simple.  Until men are not threatened by female sexuality, and until women no longer buy into the "slut" story, things will remain as is: one sided, and hypocritical.  
It's sad because we teach our young girls that they have to be sexy, but not sexual.  Now, explain to me how that is actually possible considering that a sexy girl who doesn't have sex, is a prude, and a sexy girl who has sex, is a slut.  Double edged sword.  All a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.
And to answer about the "self respect" issue... it goes hand in hand with the hypocrisy above.  Because women are not respected for being promiscuous, and because we are always taught that our self worth comes with the men who want us... we will never truly respect ourselves unless we feel that we have other people respecting us as well.  I'd love it if no one in the world demanded the opinion of others to enforce their opinion of themselves.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobYou still haven't said if you'll be my mother or not.
Sure, if you want to have nothing to eat, no home of your own, and no money EVER.  Note to xixaxers... My parents cut me off financially today.  20-year-old Thrindle is now entering the land of Student Loans, Student Debt, and Student Thrift.  Apparently they do too much for me already...  I suppose it's true... they do let me live with them and all...
I AM BITTER!  I WANT TO GROW-DOWN!

Quote from: Chest RockwellI know I love her, but now what I'm asking is am I in over my head?  Am I, at 16, too young to be constantly thinking of her like this?
Oh Chest... I'm giving you a massive internet hug right now.  Not out of "oh I'm so wise-ness" but of "hold on it's ok it's all good-ness".  Seriously, as Ono said... yes you are in over your head.  But that's the way first love goes.  Let me put it this way; you have just walked into a relationship that you have never experienced before.  You are going to probably give it your all, love unconditionally, and feel with an intensity that you never knew existed.  The beauty of first love is the newness of it all.  It hasn't been tainted with heartache or pain.  Everything is perfect.  Unfortunately, with first love comes insecurity.  You are scared of losing her.  Scared she doesn't love you the same.  Scared you are going to break up.  Perhaps right now is not the time to be worrying about how she feels about you... you know that she wants you, because she stays.  Maybe now is the time to be enjoying everything that is happening.  My advice is to soak up every moment and kiss and first, that comes your way.  Talk to her, be genuine, be kind, and be open.  Be who you are.  I wish you luck and my only hope for you is that you enjoy every second of her.  Focusing too much on the negative can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I know this because I've been there... and done that...

Quote from: Chest RockwellSo is this a normal reaction, or should I never try this again? I think she might have inwardly rejected my boldness, but didn't want to make it uncomfortable by telling me to stop. Just a theory. Anyway, what are your opinions?
Hmmm... I've been thinking long and hard about this one and here is what I've come up with.  Women are insecure about their breasts!  I am totally insecure about my breasts.  I would live a much happier life if I could wear a sexy bra full-time (mind you, my back would break).  So perhaps your girl was feeling insecure about the boob factor.  Breasts come in all different shapes and sizes (as we all know) and I remember being incredibly insecure about my own at 16 because I thought that they didn't look 'right'.  Turns out, none of the girls I know think that theirs look 'right' either.  Point is, she could just be shy about her body.  I'm guessing the fact that she didn't pull her shirt back down (or whatever) meant that she was semi alright with the situation.  But because I'm a firm believer that girls don't typically feel comfortable saying no, my further thoughts would be to just ask her, "You OK?".  Two words.  They make all the difference!  By asking her if she's alright you've established that you aren't trying to push her, and that you actually care.  Getting intimitate with someone can be pretty nervewracking... so it's probably best to just be really honest.  I think that you can probably try your maneouver again without too many problems...  but to be on the safe side maybe try a more direct approach to how she's feeling.  Because chances are she's feeling pretty good, but she's also a little scared.

Quote from: ewardtake this scenario:

a girl, rather small - her boyfriend, rather big (in a good way however).  this makes attempts at sex for them rather futile aka it just doesnt work.  many attempts have been made with just a little progress but alas it has not worked out yet.  i am too big and she is too small.  i think you get the picture lol it is a very emotionally turbulent thing, especially given the fact that all our friends (the couples, who havent been dating for nearly as long) are all having sex and feeling grown up and mature and cool and blah blah blah. we try try try but it still hasnt worked yet.  like i said, some progress, but its very slow and abnormal and - i have no idea, i am torn.  ive been reading through this thread and i thought id ask or i dont even know what im asking, i just thought id post it and see what you had to say because you seem really cool and smart and plus the fact that you don't know me personally is a plus lol but i dont know...i realize how young and naive and stupid this scenario is but it is my life at the moment and i am young and naive and stupid so, i dunno....if you have anything at all to say about it id love to hear it, cuz i certainly havent worked up enough courage to talk to anyone about it face to face.
First of all Eward, her problem is not abnormal.  Thinking that it's abnormal places a lot more pressure on an already sensitive subject.  There are so many factors involved with this problem that it's not as simple as being abnormal.
For example, let's take a look at the psychology.  All of your friends are having sex.  There is a lot of pressure right now to do it, because everyone else is.  Are you positive your girlfriend wants to have sex, and she's not saying she does, just to please you?  I ask this because if a girl is tense before having sex, it can make it extremely difficult to perform the act itself.  I'm going to assume that your girlfriend is a virgin and isn't so educated in the sex department.  
With being a virgin comes the physicality of the situation.  I'll be honest with you, the first time I had sex, I was in a lot of pain.  I was not mentally or physically prepared, although I thought I was at the time.  I'm sure that you two have discussed your situation if you are both willing to try again.  But has she made it clear how scary losing her virginity is?  For this reason, my advice is to take it super slow.  If it's penetration you are after, a lot of foreplay is necessary.  I'm talking about foreplay that goes beyond the usual make-out session.  You have to get her really comfortable, really relaxed, and really ready.  As Ono said, lube is also super important.  
Another thought that comes to mind is the masturbation factor.  Have you and your girl talked about this?  If she does masturbate, has she told you what pleases her?  Has she been vocal about what turns her on?  This is super important!!!!!!  Sometimes we think we know what's good... and then we realize we can be better.  (I realize that I'm focusing more on her pleasure right now, but that's only because it seems necessary if you two want to... ummm... Get it on)
There's one more thing I was thinking about.  It's not unusual for a female to have a dense hymen.  You know... the membrane that covers the opening of the vagina.  This membrane is usually torn or stretched with the onset of sexual activity.  If her hymen is dense, she should go to the doctor.  No female ever wants to spread their legs for the "duck" but, if you want to have sex, you don't have a choice.  She may need a small medical procedure to unblock the tissue and therefore make sex easier.  This isn't uncommon and if this seems to be the matter, best bet is to see the Doc.
Sorry Eward if I seemed heavy handed on this reply, but it's just an important issue.  You don't want to get to the point where she is too sore or scared to try anymore.  That's why this isn't a matter of rushing, it's a matter of care.  You two will manage... you just need to be aware of how each other is feeling.
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Favorite nationality of food?

Do you like knee high socks or ankle high?

How does it feel to live like a rolling stone?

How many days have you skipped school? (Elementary through high school, just estimate...unless you know)

What do you like in/on your pancakes/waffles?

Swim in a pool or in the ocean?

My friend is going to see Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson tomorrow, are you as jealous as I am?

What would your perfect candy bar be lke?

Gold Trumpet

In what ways do you see yourself as new age and in what ways traditional? What's your biggest character flaw? Fasion wise, what decade of the last 100 years is the most appealing to you and why? What's your favorite late night snack? Do you feel you are too immature for your age at all? How would your describe your personal fashion? Are you annoyed yet that I asked two questions involving the word "fashion"? Do you think its hypocritical to love action movies and hate guns at the same time? Do you have a disgusted feeling in your stomach that I might American-ize the longer we stay together? Ever think I could get you to become a true Green Bay Packer fan? Ever going to be an avid poker player? blah.