Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

Thrindle

Quote from: Vile5What it feels like for a xixax girl in this world?

You tell me.   :-D
Classic.

kotte

What is the meaning of life? Don't say none.

What do people need?

Seen the movie Amelie?

Name someone you would love to be like.

Vile5

Quote from: Thrindle

You tell me.   :-D

but this thread is "Ask Thrindle" so i'm asking Thrindle  :wink:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

The Perineum Falcon

Hey, how many more times do I need to hear the all too famous line of, "I just don't feel that way about you."?

Would you ever give a man a foot massage?

and:

Does this look infected?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Chest Rockwell

How can I become a better kisser?

How do I know when I've gone too far (with a girl)?

What are your thoughts on boobs?

How about sado-masochism?

Why won't P ever get around to changing my rank? Is he absent or something?

Thrindle

Quote from: kotteWhat is the meaning of life? Don't say none.
Oh geez... this will sound cliched, but it is to learn - No I don't mean in an educational sense.  I mean it more in the sense that we are here to experience and evolve as people, and souls.  My outlook on life has been largely affected by the negative experiences I've had.  At times, I've thought that life was an unrealistic venture, and pulling the plug early might be the way to go (seeing as our time here is virtually pointless).  Now that I've lived through that paradigm and moved onto another, I can understand that the pain has given me more tools to continue my journey.  And I've decided that my life here, as well as everyone else's, is to experience and grow the best that we can.  Our lives may not be perfectly lived, but they are perfectly entwined.  When all has ended, we all become a part of what we once were, together.

Quote from: kotteWhat do people need?
All people need is some companionship.  All anybody really wants is another body to share themselves with.  Be it their minds, hearts, or orgasmic pursuits, all we ever really need is the companionship of another.  Besides, we are a uniquely language oriented species, that is so that we can communicate amongst ourselves.  Humans were designed to interact... I think it's because we need love (aawwwww).

Quote from: kotteSeen the movie Amelie?
Loved it!

Quote from: kotteName someone you would love to be like.
Shirley MacLaine - yes she's wingy, but she's her own woman.
Susan Sarandon - The ultimate woman.  She's got a brilliant mind, an activist's voice, and a sexy body (blah).

Sometimes like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Quote from: ranemaka13Hey, how many more times do I need to hear the all too famous line of, "I just don't feel that way about you."?
Only until you become more comfortable in who you are.  By that time you'll be pursuing girls that you are better fit for you.  You'll have a better idea of your match, and they will be intrigued by your self acceptance (girls love confidence).  The universe has a way of giving you what you are ready for.  Maybe you need this shitty line right now, so that you can appreciate that great girl of your future...

I'll write more later...
Classic.

kotte

Quote from: ranemaka13Hey, how many more times do I need to hear the all too famous line of, "I just don't feel that way about you."?
Only until you become more comfortable in who you are.  By that time you'll be pursuing girls that you are better fit for you.  You'll have a better idea of your match, and they will be intrigued by your self acceptance (girls love confidence).  The universe has a way of giving you what you are ready for.  Maybe you need this shitty line right now, so that you can appreciate that great girl of your future...

True. True. True. I love this...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

(I won't tack on too many more thought provoking questions, I promise)

If you could change your name from _______________ you'd change it to _____________.  (A weird form of a question, but it should be easy to answer).

How are you doing?

What's your favorite album(s)?

Could you explain to me the long and short of canoodling?

What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: ranemaka13Would you ever give a man a foot massage?
Only if it instigated some hot canoodling.

Quote from: Chest RockwellHow can I become a better kisser?
Thrindle's Guide to Good Kissing:
Go in for the kiss slowly.  Tilt your head to one side... nothing's worse than bumping noses.  Start with a peck that is slightly open mouthed.  Gently slip your tongue in, a little at a time - Never jam your tongue down her throat immediately!  Never reach for her tonsils...  this will end up in discomfort and a ton of your spit in her mouth.  Always breath through your nose, and to continue the "peck and tongue" technique... nibble her bottom lip.  That's killer!  (oh and have fresh breath - that's crucial)

Quote from: Chest RockwellHow do I know when I've gone too far (with a girl)?
Usually she starts pushing you away a bit.  Girls have a really hard time saying "no" during a make out session... that's why I love this question!  I wrote a paper about this in my first semester of University.  Here's the deal, a girl will usually start pulling away, or be less apt to kiss you back.  Furthermore, she'll be reluctant to remove her clothing, or yours for that matter.  IF you are really unsure as to whether or not she's comfortable... JUST ASK!  Girls love a guy who actually cares about how she's feeling... even if you are just trying to get into her pants.  Cheers.

Quote from: Chest RockwellWhat are your thoughts on boobs?
They are sexy as hell!  Even if they are just large globs of fat and glandular material, topped with a nipple.

Quote from: Chest RockwellHow about sado-masochism?
In it's purest form, it is the symptom, or result, of severe psychological fucked-up-edness.  But light bondage and domination... can be sorta fun in the bedroom.

Quote from: Chest RockwellWhy won't P ever get around to changing my rank? Is he absent or something?
If you ask P for anything, he's only going to point at you and laugh.  Stop asking.  Either that, or be nice to MacGuffin.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobIf you could change your name from _______________ you'd change it to _____________. (A weird form of a question, but it should be easy to answer).
Natalie James

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobHow are you doing?
I'm doing fantastic (despite the low-grade coke addiction that I harbour.  Thanks for asking).  How are you?

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhat's your favorite album(s)?
Joni Mitchell - Blue

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobCould you explain to me the long and short of canoodling?
If you had to ask... then you've never embarked on the joy that is a good canoodle.  Hopefully you will learn soon enough... for yourself.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhat's the last movie you saw in the theater?
The Notebook.  Yes folks, I sobbed.
Classic.

MacGuffin

1.) Is it really better to have lost in love than never to have loved at all?

2.) Does size really matter?

3.) Does the size of a man's wallet matter to a woman?

4.) Does age matter?

5.) How does one prevent 'coming on too strong' with a woman?

6.) What's the best way to approach a woman? 'Lines' don't really work, do they?

7.) Your feelings on the word 'bitch'?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatwad

what are your feeling on drugs?

Vile5

Quote from: ranemaka13Would you ever give a man a foot massage?
Only if it instigated some hot canoodling.

Quote from: Chest RockwellHow can I become a better kisser?
Thrindle's Guide to Good Kissing:
Go in for the kiss slowly.  Tilt your head to one side... nothing's worse than bumping noses.  Start with a peck that is slightly open mouthed.  Gently slip your tongue in, a little at a time - Never jam your tongue down her throat immediately!  Never reach for her tonsils...  this will end up in discomfort and a ton of your spit in her mouth.  Always breath through your nose, and to continue the "peck and tongue" technique... nibble her bottom lip.  That's killer!  (oh and have fresh breath - that's crucial)

Quote from: Chest RockwellHow do I know when I've gone too far (with a girl)?
Usually she starts pushing you away a bit.  Girls have a really hard time saying "no" during a make out session... that's why I love this question!  I wrote a paper about this in my first semester of University.  Here's the deal, a girl will usually start pulling away, or be less apt to kiss you back.  Furthermore, she'll be reluctant to remove her clothing, or yours for that matter.  IF you are really unsure as to whether or not she's comfortable... JUST ASK!  Girls love a guy who actually cares about how she's feeling... even if you are just trying to get into her pants.  Cheers.

Quote from: Chest RockwellWhat are your thoughts on boobs?
They are sexy as hell!  Even if they are just large globs of fat and glandular material, topped with a nipple.

Quote from: Chest RockwellHow about sado-masochism?
In it's purest form, it is the symptom, or result, of severe psychological fucked-up-edness.  But light bondage and domination... can be sorta fun in the bedroom.

Quote from: Chest RockwellWhy won't P ever get around to changing my rank? Is he absent or something?
If you ask P for anything, he's only going to point at you and laugh.  Stop asking.  Either that, or be nice to MacGuffin.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobIf you could change your name from _______________ you'd change it to _____________. (A weird form of a question, but it should be easy to answer).
Natalie James

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobHow are you doing?
I'm doing fantastic (despite the low-grade coke addiction that I harbour.  Thanks for asking).  How are you?

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhat's your favorite album(s)?
Joni Mitchell - Blue

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobCould you explain to me the long and short of canoodling?
If you had to ask... then you've never embarked on the joy that is a good canoodle.  Hopefully you will learn soon enough... for yourself.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhat's the last movie you saw in the theater?
The Notebook.  Yes folks, I sobbed.
Now you can be declared the smartest xixax member :-D
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffin1.) Is it really better to have lost in love than never to have loved at all?
I've thought long and hard about this question.  And while I was pondering, I remembered a time where I said, "I am black inside.  It's as though I'm charred and burnt, and nothing will grow here again.  I'm dead inside".  Though that seems dramatic, it's the truth.  There was a time where I hated love, or the idea that I had loved.  But in time I began to regenerate, and as I grew, I realised how grateful I was for my love.  Although it had hurt, I learned so much about myself.  The problem wiht people is that we cannot truly know ourselves, unless we interact with others.  A person would have the mind of an infant if he spent his entire life alone and without personal contact.  So I began to understand that the next time around, I would understand myself enough to give different parts of me.  Not to keep guarded, but to divulge myself and my truths, when it was right for me.  So far this has worked.
Another thing about heartache is that people who have loved well, tend to get the brunt of it.  But think about it, wouldn't you rather have loved well, than to have barely scratched the surface of an emotion so extraordinary?

Quote from: MacGuffin2.) Does size really matter?
Honestly, no.  I admit to having some (ahem) expertise in canoodling... and the ladies who say that size matters, are only saying that because all they've ever experienced is a jackrabbit (in-out-in-out).  For the "jackrabbit" size is necessary because no skill is involved.  What is much more important is the intimacy used in canoodling.  Good foreplay, intuitive foreplay, not robotic pre-planned methods,  is the key to good sex.  Seriously, being able to talk to the person you are with is the most important.  I've experienced big and average.  Average was the way to go... why?  Because average guys are more about theirinvolvement in the process... than what their weiner is doing...  (sorry if that was too much information)

Quote from: MacGuffin3.) Does the size of a man's wallet matter to a woman?
Sadly enough, to many women, yes.  Many women (and men) are shallow enough to pursue financial interests, as well as romantic ones.  If you are a shallow person, chances are you are going to pick up people on the same frequency that you vibrate on.  
But more realistically, women really want security.  They want to know that they could build a life with you, and be alright.  They want a hard worker, someone who is decent and has integrity.  Most women would rather a real man, than a pocket book.

Quote from: MacGuffin4.) Does age matter?
It all depends on the person.  I believe relationships are a two way street... if you're dating someone because you get to be in the driver's seat, then that's a problem.  But if the person you are with is not the same age as you, and you connect on the same mental level... go for it!  Do it up!

Quote from: MacGuffin5.) How does one prevent 'coming on too strong' with a woman?
I think coming on to strong is often affiliated with "neediness".  Women want someone who is comfortable in their own skin.  It not attractive to have someone seem dependant on you... especially in the beginning.  To prevent coming on too strong can be done by staying in the moment... trying not to fret... not taking things personally... enjoying yourself... and loving yourself enough to know that this person is not the only one...

Quote from: MacGuffin6.) What's the best way to approach a woman? 'Lines' don't really work, do they?
Lines do not work!  You know why? Because women with half-a-brain can't take them seriously!  My never-fail attempt: is the "smile".  Is the "hi".  Is "eye contact" (and goddamnit that can be hard).  
But seriously, if you sort of know someone, and have an idea as to what they are interested in... ask them out for that.  Movies, poetry readings, insanely good sushi, book signings, plays... etcetera!  If you want to come on to a woman, come on to her mind.  Never fails.

Quote from: MacGuffin7.) Your feelings on the word 'bitch'?
I am the quintessential bitch.  I love the word myself.  Why?  Because I feel that women have taken the term and morphed it into something beautiful.  A bitch is no longer a bad thing.  A bitch is about being in control of one's self.  A bitch is speaking her mind.  A bitch is having an educated opinion.  A bitch is not afraid to be active and fight for her own beliefs.  A bitch is a woman who has actualised her person.

Quote from: Meatwadwhat are your feeling on drugs?
I'd be a hypocrite if I said drugs are bad, don't ever do them!
Right now in my life I'm finding that they aren't serving me.  I don't like who I am when I do them.  I'm also finding it difficult to admit that there is no such thing as a recreational coke user... now how to get my friends to understand that...

Wow that was honest.   and the hardest question to answer
Classic.

kotte

beautiful.

How do you wanna die?

Most horrible way of dying?

Describe the boy of your dreams.

Hurt or get hurt?

How different are we?

Gold Trumpet

Do you believe in the term "soul mates" and everything people hype that up to be? Scenario: After a long day a work, a woman comes home to find her apartment candle lit, a bubble bath drawn and dinner already prepared for her by her gracious boyfriend. Now, question, is there anything better than this?  Is your "canoodling" as good as you say? Besides the usual answers of reptiles, ghosts or UFO's, what scares you the most? Do you look forward to old age? Have you ever written poetry? If you have, can you read them to me sometime? Can you spend an entire evening reading to me all your favorite poetry? Do you believe Oscar Wilde when he says "bad poetry is always honest"?  Do you put the toliet seat down after you use it? Do you pick your nose? Do you burp often? Do you snorkle in the bathtub and call it "excavation"? Am I being annoying?

Finally, do you think anyone here has any clue that when you speak your words they are only that much more beautiful?

P.S. If you want to skip questions 10 through 14, I promise you won't break my heart.