NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cronopioso what's your top 5 on best games ever?
1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout
3. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
4. World of Warcraft
5. Goldeneye

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Jeremy Blackman

This sounds pretty amazing... a first-person Diablo-style RPG (by the former Blizzard team) in a Fallout-like setting...

From DiabloII.net...

The April edition of PC Gamer is just hitting the stores, and it contains the first news about the first game from Flagship Studios. The game is called Hellgate:London, it's due out in 2006 (cross your fingers now, knowing those guys and release dates) and the eight-page PC Gamer article covers it in excellent detail. The game is set in a post-apocalyptic London, and while it's played like a First Person Shooter, Flagship spokesman Bill Roper calls it an RPG. As the article explains, the game looks like Doom or Quake or Halo at a glance, but it's a far deeper experience than those simple shoot 'em ups, and has a ton of features that will sound very familiar to any D2 fan.

To start with, you select a character class much as you would in D2. There will be a variety of classes with different stats, skills, spells, and so on. As you score kills you gain exp and when you level up you gain stat and skill points to distribute as you see fit. Your stat points will matter too, and they will affect your character's accuracy, damage, life, and other such things. Monsters will drop items when they die, and not just new guns or ammo; there will be all sorts of weapons, armor, and more, even socketed weapons and uniques. The game will even play like an RPG, with numerous random quests, boss monsters, and so on. There's even going to be cooperative play with multiplayer support for up to 16 or 32 players, and of course there will be death match options as well.[/list:u]

NEON MERCURY

JB, thanks for the heads up.  consider it purchased :yabbse-thumbup:

the reason why i havent been posting lately is because i recently bought [for the third time] a ps2.    and with it i got san andreas and snake eater.
i still think hardware wise the ps2 is shit .. bu tdamn, it has a huge ..i mean huige fucking library of games.  i can spend hours just doing nothing in san andreas ...its taking my pathetic life away.....i havent watched many films lately b/c of this stuff... :oops:

and raikus is right about god of war........if you liked devil may cry and onimusha-buy it now......!!!

lastly,

can we have our own video game/pc game forum???????
please?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi got san andreas and snake eater.

You're going to have your hands full, then.  I've been addicted to those games for a while now.  I'm always just roaming around in GTASA and currently I'm trying to beat MGS3 without killing anyone.  (Tranquilizing the bosses, knocking every guard out, etc.)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

deathnotronic

1. Starcraft: Brood Wars
2. World of Warcraft (what server do you guys play on, if you play?)
3. Call of Duty
4. Day of Defeat
5. Diablo II: Lords of Destruction

Starcraft/ Starcraft: Brood Wars can be argued to be one of the best games ever made. The races are SO fucking balanced it's ridiculous. The playability is incredible and thousands upon thousands of people can still play it. I know I wasted from 1998-2003 playing this game.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURYJB, thanks for the heads up.  consider it purchased :yabbse-thumbup:
But it's a PC game, Neon. You're going to need a new computer to play this one (as will I).

Quote from: NEON MERCURYcan we have our own video game/pc game forum???????
please?
No.

Quote from: deathnotronicStarcraft/ Starcraft: Brood Wars can be argued to be one of the best games ever made. The races are SO fucking balanced it's ridiculous.
I agree. But it can be argued that the Terran have a slight advantage under certain circumstances with the nuclear option.

deathnotronic

No one liked playing terran when I played. I don't know if that still holds true. So no one knew how to play them. I was pretty good with them. If terran gets rushed though, they're fucked.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Terran suck, though.

The nuclear option is way too expensive to actually get into.  By the time you're ready to do it, they'll have the detectors to swiftly turn your Ghost into pissed pants and ashes.  Everything that makes Terran a threat takes too damn long to establish.  Battlecruisers, Nukes... well actually, that's about it.  They have a very limited offensive.

Zerg are the most unpredictable, in my opinion.  Guardians will jack you up, period.  Ever massed up 400 fully upgraded lings?  They wreak total havoc.  Hydras in mass are also quite a bitch to deal with.  Throw in some Defilers, and you've got a sweep going on.  Late in the game, mass produce Lords and send them in with your army so that they're extra targets that also detect.  Lurkers are extremely deadly as well, especially when transported by a Lord right by a base killing all the probes/drones/SCVs.

Protoss are hard to be stopped with mass Carriers or Arcs, but even Arcs have severe drawbacks.  Goons are all right, and most other units are nice because of the shield, but if the money doesn't flow early on, Protoss fall behind.  Terrans are slow because they need an SCV at a time for a building, but the price of Protoss buildings and units means you have to have a plan, and if anything screw it up, you better know how to recover.

I've seen experts win by a landslide with Toss and Zerg, but Terran is always facing an uphill battle, not matter what you use because of its weak starting defense capabilities.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

deathnotronic

Give me 7 minutes and I can have 20 dragoons and 10 Dark templars to fuck you up.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Give me 3, and I'll have enough Lings to take out all your probes and already be working on your nexus before you could've finished your first Gateway.

deathnotronic

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: WalrusGive me 3, and I'll have enough Lings to take out all your probes and already be working on your nexus before you could've finished your first Gateway.
I like how you call them Lings.

This sounds like the "rush them with trees" strategy in Warcraft 3.

deathnotronic

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: WalrusGive me 3, and I'll have enough Lings to take out all your probes and already be working on your nexus before you could've finished your first Gateway.
I like how you call them Lings.

This sounds like the "rush them with trees" strategy in Warcraft 3.

It's kind of similar. It's a fast attack in which you build one building and then build these semi-weak units that take like 15 seconds to build and attack as soon as possible. it's generally considered cheap but a lot of the elite players love playing with it.