Xixax Film Festival?

Started by prophet, January 08, 2004, 07:59:58 PM

prophet

Is it possible to do a film festival ? some how ? rent out some kinda of venue have a admission charge and how films that members have done? maybe plan it and work for 2 years than have a big premie or all the movies ? i dont know maybe its a stupid idea./
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Duck Sauce

Quote from: prophetIs it possible to do a film festival ?

Yes

Quote from: propheti dont know maybe its a stupid idea./

no, its a cool idea, just isnt to practical. I think a lot of people on here live in LA, so maybe that would be a good turn out

Banky

admins, when is the next planned online festival?

Pubrick

dunno, what do u think we should watch?

could do a lebowski one.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

or dazed and confused
requiem for a dream..
fast times a ridgemont high......

but lebowski would be cool aslo.....

Reinhold

Quote from: Pdunno, what do u think we should watch?

could do a lebowski one.

hmm. smarter than he looks.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

cine

I was hoping we could do movie nights for each of the 15 films.

Reinhold

i would say that you're smarter than you look, too-- but Mr. T is the shit.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

Quote from: Reinhold Messner
Quote from: Pdunno, what do u think we should watch?

could do a lebowski one.

hmm. smarter than he looks.
what?
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri would say that you're smarter than you look, too-- but Mr. T is the shit.
What the? Me too?

Pubrick

i guess we'll never know..
under the paving stones.

Reinhold

it means that i really liked the idea of the lebowski movie night. it also means that i like cinephile's avatar. that's all.

Pubrick

it looked like u called me stupid, and were about to call cinephile the same, and then backed out.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I think it just means he thinks your av looks stupid, P.

In which case, he's wrong.

But you fucking KNOW I would be down with the Lebowski-fest

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Lebowski's cool, maybe a Coen fest?

Maybe I'm shooting too high, but with a DVD player on my computer I'd more than definitely be there in the chats now.  So I can watch with you guys and not be like cyber sex "What's happening now?  Oohh sweet."

Maybe like...

Fargo
Big Lebowski
O Brother

Those were just the first Coen films to come to mind.

Or should we stick to Lebowski?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye