WORST COVER ART

Started by modage, May 20, 2003, 12:50:29 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrickwhat the hell. that's hilariously off the mark. seriously, the sepia tone, the triple frame-within-a-frame, brenda fricker scoring a field goal, the notorious half-face looking slightly off camera. what the hell.

Not only that, Day-Lewis as Christy Brown looks nothing in the movie like that clean-cut head-shot.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Pubrickwhat the hell. that's hilariously off the mark. seriously, the sepia tone, the triple frame-within-a-frame, brenda fricker scoring a field goal, the notorious half-face looking slightly off camera. what the hell.

Not only that, Day-Lewis as Christy Brown looks nothing in the movie like that clean-cut head-shot.

Looks the same to me

Giovanni Ribisi  / Leah Remini / Ben Affleck / Flubber

GATTACA
context, context, context.

Myxo

Uhm. Will the new version by Superbit? I own this version..

modage

Quote from: cronopioGATTACA
i think we may have a winner.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

it hurts watching it, doesn't it?
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: MyxomatosisUhm. Will the new version by Superbit?
that doesn't make sense.
under the paving stones.

sickfins

here comes a new contender

ignoring the fact that i can't even recognize the girl as nicole kidman on the cover, the designer chose a bad still of sean penn running, tried to fit in as many interesting things as possible (explosions, helicopters), tried to make it work in an orange/blue colour scheme and then slaps on the word 'interpreter' in giant red capital letters, conflicting with everything else in the design.  there is absolutely no focal point and no consistency

The Red Vine

Quote from: modage
Quote from: cronopioGATTACA
i think we may have a winner.

and that's a real shame because the poster was really great
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

From what I can tell about the Interpreter, they used iMovie to edit it and MSPaint for the DVD cover.

These guys know how to save money!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Fernando

Quote from: sickfins
here comes a new contender

ignoring the fact that i can't even recognize the girl as nicole kidman on the cover,

Hahaha, wtf?! She looks like a mutant morphed with a barbie doll, the bride of chucky, the mask of vanilla sky and the lips of Reese Witherspoon.

Ravi

picolas

Anonymous Joe

Whats up with all the "editions"

ddmarfield

"The girls around here all look like Cadillacs" -- Tom Waits