WORST COVER ART

Started by modage, May 20, 2003, 12:50:29 AM

jtm

WideShot

OK I realize I've been posting too much about VCB recently, but I felt compelled here.

It's essentially the same as the original poster.  After seeing this, I realized the original poster SUCKS and does nothing for the original movie's beautiful photography.

Also: can we please shoot whoever made everyone put their BluRay discs in these ugly blue cases?  Talk about uncollectable art.  It's BluRay.  We get it.  We don't need to have the branding invade our brains every time we look at the disc.

Finally, why are BOTH of the quotes on the front cover basically saying the exact same thing?  There's tons more to praise about the film, but we need a repetative "Seductive and Funny!" quote?

Oh and actually one more thing.  Cruz is up for an Oscar.  Anyone want to guess what the redesigned cover will look like?

Ravi

Nothing says "buy this" like a giant gray box.

Ravi

picolas

the ending is so predictable it doesn't even bother.

Sleepless

Bad photoshop too - they're obviously not photographed together at all.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

Weren't the first trailers and advertising for Slumdog very dark and suspenseful? I don't remember them being all happy go lucky feel good film of the year.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Gamblour.

Hahahah "Hard Evidence Edition"?? What does that even fucking mean?
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Apparently the groom became a white guy.

Also qualifies for the Giant Fucking Face thread.

Sleepless

That's the father isn't it. I actually like that cover. What else would they have done?

Pas

Quote from: Sleepless on March 28, 2009, 10:22:16 AM
That's the father isn't it. I actually like that cover. What else would they have done?

whhhhaaaaa ?? Look at Anne's face, it's deformed. .. and the colors and everything about it sucks.

Ravi

Quote from: Sleepless on March 28, 2009, 10:22:16 AM

D'oh.  I'm a moron.  Well, that's what I get for posting at 3am when I'm sleep-deprived.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

private witt

Where'd her black eye go?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks