Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Spoilers.

After reading the script, I'd say Eli Roth's part is pretty fucking big. Worst of all, it's one of the coolest characters in the movie.

For anyone who has read the script and also seen Inglorious Bastards (the original) how similar are they?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefen on March 02, 2009, 12:20:25 PMFor anyone who has read the script and also seen Inglorious Bastards (the original) how similar are they?

Not too similar at all. While they both owe a lot to Dirty Dozen, the original bastards were escapees from an Allied prison and were mainly fighting to cross the Swiss border for their freedom. They stumbled into a mission.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Shouldn't it be "Nazi-occupied France"? Between this and the 40-Year-Old Virgin posters, why don't poster artists know how to use hyphens?
WWPTAD?

jtm

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 03, 2009, 01:29:35 PM
Shouldn't it be "Nazi-occupied France"? Between this and the 40-Year-Old Virgin posters, why don't poster artists know how to use hyphens?

the motherfucker can't spell the title right, and you're bitching about hyphens on the poster!?

cine

they announced people from the cast? crazy. dunno. probably just myers for now.

Kal

Quote from: Cinephile on March 26, 2009, 01:24:39 AM
they announced people from the cast? crazy. dunno. probably just myers for now.

was that sarcasm? we all knew myers is in this.

Sleepless

Yeah he's going to be the English Scottish General.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Gamblour.

The universe would jump the shark if he played it as Fat Bastard.
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 26, 2009, 08:02:48 AM

:bravo:

Inglourius Fat Basterd
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Gamblour.

Quote from: bigideas on March 26, 2009, 09:12:44 AM
Quote from: Gamblour. on March 26, 2009, 08:02:48 AM

:bravo:

Inglourius Fat Basterd

Brilliant, it was right there in front of me! Haha.
WWPTAD?

Reel

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

'Inglourious Basterds' invades Cannes
Quentin Tarantino war film to compete at fest
Source: Variety

Quentin Tarantino's WWII epic "Inglourious Basterds" is headed to the French Riviera.

The Brad Pitt starrer, set in Nazi-occupied France, has been invited to play in competition at the Cannes Film Festival. Insiders said Tarantino, a longtime favorite of the French, has accepted the offer and has told the film's backers -- the Weinstein Co. and Universal Pictures -- that the pic will be ready for its world premiere during the May fest.

The movie, which follows a band of Jewish-American soldiers whose mission is to take down a group of Nazis, will bow Aug. 21.

Both the Weinstein Co. and U declined comment. Cannes organizers, who will announce the fest's lineup April 23, could not immediately be reached.

Tarantino is no stranger to the Palais. The helmer became one of Hollywood's most in-demand directors after his "Pulp Fiction" won Cannes' Palme d'Or in 1994.

A decade later, Tarantino returned to serve as president of the festival jury. Tarantino's "Kill Bill" was not in competition that year, but it did unspool on the fest's final night in its original 3-hour-plus version. In addition, "Death Proof" played in competition in 2007, and Tarantino's debut film, "Reservoir Dogs," unspooled out of competition in 1992.

This year's fest runs May 13-24.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.