Sydney II.

Started by Stefen, July 14, 2009, 11:31:05 PM

Stefen

Hey guys -- just ran into Paltrow at the club (she's not as beautiful in real life) and we got to chatting about her upcoming projects and she mentioned something crazy to me.

Apparently last week PTA sent her a screenplay for a Sydney sequel he's been working on. She said it was a real rough draft but it had potential and PTA was really thinking about making sequels to his movies since he needs the cash.

Some bits she gave me before I got kicked out of the V.I.P.

- Jimmy isn't dead. He was shot in the face but had brain damage and was in a coma for 15 years. He wakes up and the first thing he says is, "....Sydney." ....beat, then:

CUT TO:

EXT. NIAGARA FALLS - DAY - THAT MOMENT

- John and Clementine started a new life in Niagara Falls and have a 15 year old son who is going to be played by Shia LeBeouf. CGI will be used to make him appear older. Shia is going to buff up because his character is supposed to be some karate expert who's a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling and regular Jiu Jitsu. She says this will come into play in the end but she didn't tell me the end because I got kicked out.

- Sydney is dead from natural causes but that's just what the audience is supposed to think. I guess he was either murdered or he faked his own death. All I got from Paltrow is that Sydney died from natural causes but that's just what the audience is supposed to think. Then I got kicked out. I assume Sydney is alive and faked his own death otherwise why would it be called Sydney II? Maybe Shia's character is named after Sydney and he's like the reincarnation of his fathers mentor and the murderer of his grandfather?

- Jimmy has a badass crew comprising of a friend of his fathers who PTA wants to be played by Jimmy Caan. Nick Cage and Mike Keaton are supposed to make up the rest of the crew. All I got was that they were badasses and they're always beefing with eachother. Possibly brothers.

- Clementine is still turning tricks and being a stupid bitch whore who can't keep her legs shut. Paltrow said this is the element that attracted her to the part.

- and last but not least, no there isn't any spontaneous friction. At least not in this draft. I knew you guys would ask. haha.

Anyways, Paltrow seems to be making the rounds and you're bound to run into her. Post whatever she tells you here. Different drafts of the script, etc. Maybe we can piece together how this will play out and come to fruition.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

lol wtf who wrote that?

the only thing thats really funny is the shia lebeuf part. i bet pta will make a movie with shia for real.

jtm

save this shit for april fools day.

Gamblour.

Quote from: jtm on July 15, 2009, 02:07:28 AM
save this shit for april fools day.

But then it would be obvious.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

jtm

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 15, 2009, 01:25:26 PM
Quote from: Stefen on July 14, 2009, 11:31:05 PM
regular Jiu Jitsu

Time to change my name

HOLY SHIT!!

i never got your screen name until just now. ive seen BN prolly 20 times since i've seen your name but i just never put it together... i should be ashamed of myself.  :oops:

now that i know it i can say; you have the coolest name here.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: jtm on July 16, 2009, 01:01:52 AM
regular Jiu Jitsu

Time to change my name

HOLY SHIT!!

i never got your screen name until just now. ive seen BN prolly 20 times since i've seen your name but i just never put it together... i should be ashamed of myself.  :oops:

Isn't "regular karate" from Sydney rather than BN? Now I'm seriously confused...
Si

matt35mm

Now I really want to describe somebody as a "regular jiu jitsu."  Preferably a Jew.

jtm

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on July 16, 2009, 05:34:55 AM
Quote from: jtm on July 16, 2009, 01:01:52 AM
regular Jiu Jitsu

Time to change my name

HOLY SHIT!!

Isn't "regular karate" from Sydney rather than BN? Now I'm seriously confused...

you're right. and i knew that when i typed it... i'm 0 for 2.

MacGuffin

Wouldn't a sequel technically be called Hard Nine or Hard Eight Two?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

picolas

guys, guys. it's either

2 Hard 2 Eight

Live Free or Eight Hard

Ocean's Nine

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Fernando

^^ ditto

Hard Eight: Sydney Craps Back

Stefen

IT'S CALLED SYDNEY II.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.