a poor man's H.W. subforum

Started by Satcho9, January 13, 2008, 02:17:08 AM

Satcho9

Pardon me if this has been posted before...

http://idrinkyourmilkshake.com/

admin edit: satch,this really should not hav been in the other thread. the site is a reference to the last scene in the movie, YES I HAV BEEN SPOILED THAT MUCH, bit by bit in moving posts or otherwise fixing everyone else's mistakes i hav come to know almost everything about the ending. this is fucked up.

modage

yes a poor man's xixax indeed.  the website is hideous looking and it's doubtful there could be some small kernel of information there that has not been exhaustively covered here.  i thought it was going to be selling t-shirts or something.  or one of those animated gifs that loops forever.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Satcho9

Deepest apologies in my lack of foresight in the spoiler department. I got caught up in my excitement for the shitty parallel universe that i stumbled upon.

Jeremy Blackman

Wow, every time you open a new page in that website it plays that clip. Obnoxious.

grand theft sparrow

I'm really torn.  On one hand, making "I Drink Your Milkshake" this year's catchphrase is so much better than the alternative: "Honest to blog?"  But fuck, man.  Really?  Do we have to do this with this movie?  Yeah, catchphrases have come from films like Network, Apocalypse Now, and other great films with lines and scenes so memorable that they just become part of the lexicon. 

But I just get the feeling that in Scary Movie 5 or Epic Movie 2 or an episode of Family Guy (God forbid), we're going to see some jackass in a mustache hopping up and down in a bowling alley shouting "I drink your milkshake" and then starts singing "Milkshake" by Kelis.  And then someone who looks like Turturro as Jesus hits him in the nuts with a bowling ball.

Jeremy Blackman

Catchphrases don't fit this movie, and I think that moment is supposed to be more frightening than funny (though it's definitely both). Maybe that's the joke... but either way, it kinda ruins the moment.

Jeremy Blackman

The milkshake has made its way onto Air America. I tuned in to the Rachel Maddow show Tuesday to be immediately greeted by...

I... drink... your... milkshake! I drink it up! *Sluuuuurp*

Whatever.

(To be fair, David Bender was subbing. So who knows if it was his thing, hers, or the producer's.)